PDA

View Full Version : Paint sealant over detailing spray?

wolfe
09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
I completely stripped the paint of all waxes etc. yesterday, and today I had to go over it with the claybar & quick detailing spray to remove the contaminants I missed.

Now most of the car feels slightly glossy from the detailer spray, but patches that didn`t need claying feel `bare`.

I`m going to apply paint sealant for the first time to this car, so wondering if I can just put it on there or whether I should strip whatever protection the detailing spray has put on there.

Thanks for any help!

Bigpoppa3346
09-09-2006, 12:14 PM
What sealant are you planning on applying? What detailing spray did you use?

wolfe
09-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Automotive international`s Cleanseal paint sealant, and Meguiar`s NXT speed detailer spray.

David703
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
i am under the impression that detail sprays have wax in them.

wolfe
09-09-2006, 01:18 PM
And wax has to be removed before applying paint sealant, correct?

I honestly don`t know, but since sealant lasts a lot longer than wax, I would assume it`s better to have it stuck directly to the paint, rather than to the weaker link of wax/spray?

xTravBx
09-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Most paint sealants need to be applied directly to the paint, with no wax.

Use an Isopropyl Alcohol wipedown and it will remove wax. Or Klasse AIO will prep the surface as well.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-13-2006, 11:37 PM
i am under the impression that detail sprays have wax in them.Only if its stated that way. Some will have Nubas or polymers, even silicones which will enhance slickness or add slickness (some) if not already present. Details Spray waxes are a different product altogether. Theyre a concentrated version, and shou;d not be used on dusty surfaces.

Let me know what you like about the AI Cleanseal. It sounds like a very interesting product. Im considering "sampling" some to kill my curiosity......