PDA

View Full Version : megs #82..should it be watery?

imported_steveo3002
09-09-2006, 06:59 AM
i got a sample of megs#82 swirl free polish from someone, it seems really thin for example slightly thinner than nxt wax

should it be like that?

any tips for using it...is it good stuff

abbeysdad
09-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Interesting you should ask (timing). I just received an order and when I shook the optimum polish it seemed like water. I shook it some more and squirted a little out on a paper towel and it was like water. I thought, this can`t be right. I opened it up and could see globs of settled product.

I had to shake the !@#$ out of it to get it blended - clearly this material sat on a shelf for a long, long time. Lubricant/carrier separated from the aggregate mud.

So I`d suggest you shake it real well and then shake it some more. Maybe even stick a long, clean screwdriver down in there to make sure all the product is mixed properly.

Todd@RUPES
09-09-2006, 02:34 PM
no it shouldn`t be like water. Its about the same as othe Meguiars polishes

Gen2
09-09-2006, 10:09 PM
The #82 I have looks more like #80.

imported_steveo3002
09-10-2006, 03:17 AM
The #82 I have looks more like #80.

really?? :eek: my #82 is thin and white colored ....#80 is a browny/green /grey color

sounds like ive been ripped off :mad:

Gen2
09-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Opps....me bad... made a mistake. I mistaken #81 for #82, so sorry about the mistake. #81 looks very much like #80, not too sure about #82 :p .

SpoiledMan
09-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Interesting you should ask (timing). I just received an order and when I shook the optimum polish it seemed like water. I shook it some more and squirted a little out on a paper towel and it was like water. I thought, this can`t be right. I opened it up and could see globs of settled product.

I had to shake the !@#$ out of it to get it blended - clearly this material sat on a shelf for a long, long time. Lubricant/carrier separated from the aggregate mud.

So I`d suggest you shake it real well and then shake it some more. Maybe even stick a long, clean screwdriver down in there to make sure all the product is mixed properly.

The old formula OP separates like that and it sometimes takes a disturbing amount of shaking to get it recombined. It really doesn`t take long at all for it to separate like that either.