PDA

View Full Version : Edge 2000 DA pads ripping??

tustah
09-08-2006, 11:34 PM
I have been using the Edge 6" DA pads and 2 of my pads gave out. I apply on average about 5-15 lbs of pressure when buffing on speed 5 or 6. I know for sure that I`m not applying too much pressure.

Prior to the pads ripping, the pad wobbles a lot when I am buffing. I inspected the pads, and found that the plastic that holds the pad had been shifted.

Maybe I`m not going around the curves of the car correctly?? I can`t figure out why this keeps happening. I machine washed the pads once when I first used them, but stopped doing that long after.

I had one replaced by Aaron already, and now two more wear out.

SpoiledMan
09-09-2006, 01:24 AM
*Taken from the Edge site*

How do I properly care and maintain The Edge2000?

DO NOT machine wash or dry. This will severely limit the life of the pad and may prematurely disengage the adhesive bonding. Simply wash in the sink or by hose with soap and water. To dry the pad, simply pop onto the machine, crank up the RPMs and spin dry.

Machine washing looks like a bad idea.

Djmigs
09-09-2006, 06:21 AM
correct me if im wrong is one of these pads that are rippping the same one replaced or are these your other pads....if they are your other pads contact Aaron or any of his staff @ Dedication to detail regardless i would hit them up....if i remember other posted about pad ripping and was mention it may be due to old type of adhesive or plate issue either way contact Aaron and his staff ,,,,

Mikeyc
09-09-2006, 08:05 AM
There was another person who had this exact same issue over on DC. Aaron replaced his pads quickly. So far, you two are the only people I`ve heard about who have had this issue. I`ve been using Edge Pads for months and mine are like new. Regardless, Aaron is a great guy and stands behind his products 110%.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I would seriously consider revising your techniques also Tustah, until you reach a happy median........

Some products are like automotive tires. Warranted for 50,000 miles, but you only get 25,000. Its not a set of bad tires, maybe just the way one drives on them. But understandably, there are occasional "recalls".

(Please dont think Im using you as an example, your a fine detailer.......Im just generalizing)

tustah
09-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I think it`s my fault for using the machine for its first wash.

I re-ordered a couple of pads, so if the same problem occurs, I`ll contact Aaron. I`m just upset about having to delay a couple of appointments.

Any word on when the prototypes with the "bad" adhesive & plate were made? I purchased mine in April.