PDA

View Full Version : Cray guy tried to run me off the road!

Pages : [1] 2 3

BobD
09-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Today I get up and run to Tim Hortons for a coffee. Well, I was in my wife`s Impreza. As I am leaving the drive thru this guy in an Explorer behind me yells..."Buy American!" So I give him the bird, what else am I going to do right? :lol So I am going down this 4 lane divided highway, Out of nowhere this guy cut over (he is in the fast lane flying and I am in the slow lane getting ready to turn) 4 lanes and right in front of me locking up his breaks! I almost hit him. Then he just stays stopped. So I go to go around him and he tries to f**king hit me! Runs me off the road into the turn around lane! WT*?!?!?!?! Then he starts to get out of his truck so I waited for traffic to clear and cut over into a bank parking lot and lost him down an alley. This dude was nuts!

Setec Astronomy
09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Holy crap! Another reason to just be cool and not gesture or yell etc. at anybody, since you never know what kind of nut job is in the other vehicle. Since you are right there in MoTown, I`m sure there are plenty of workers stressed out about losing their jobs to foreign competition and what not, I guess you never know if one of them is going to go postal.

Glad you escaped without personal or property damage. Just keep an eye in your rear-view in case this is a guy you run into on your normal route to work.

Accumulator
09-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Yikes, glad you got away!

Uhm, yeah, that`s sorta a lesson about those hand gestures ;) Flipping off somebody who`s already acting a bit nuts might not be the best course of action.

You might`ve tried calling 911 from your cell if you had it, stuff like that gets prosecuted rather vigorously these days. And yeah, I`d keep an eye out for him...

wifehatescar
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Or you can keep a big pipe under the seat Get out with that, he might turn around back into his vehicle. :argue Or maybe not a good idea.........:lol

Import owners are descriminated in SE MI...

velobard
09-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Dude, you really need the Trunk Monkey option.

Setec Astronomy
09-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Or you can keep a big pipe under the seat Get out with that, he might turn around back into his vehicle.

Yeah, or he might pull out a knife or a gun! If the guy has already risked his vehicle, I wouldn`t recommend a face-to-face. Besides, keeping a "big pipe" under the seat violates weapons laws in many states.

BigAl3
09-07-2006, 11:28 AM
So I give him the bird

you have to be careful these days! there are too many crazy people out there, and you`re lucky you didn`t get shot or something... glad you`re okay! :)

topnotchtouch
09-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Try commuting on a motorcycle every day. I used to have a thing where I would tell the wife when I got home "well no one tried to kill me today" :eek:

As many inattentive and stupid people as there are on the road, I am still looking forward to getting my motorcycle back together so that I can get back out on two wheels.

I definitely agree with those that suggest restraint, there is just no way to know how someone will react, even to something as minor as a hand gesture.

Joshua312
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Im glad you are okay Bob!

Today when I was driving some nut job kid was driving in back of me in a Volvo, he obviously was too busy riding my tail to see anyone braking because of someone turning left, he almost slammed into me so I had to slam on my horn so he would hear it and look up. I rolled down my window (since they are tinted too dark) looks in my side mirror and gave him a little birdie and called hima dumb *ss and continued on my way, behind me I could see him swerving in and out of lanes so he could get ahead of everyone, finally he caught up and just blew past me...only to come to a red light where he sat right next to me...and of course I took the opportunity to roll down my passenger window and shake my head at him and mumble a few words to myself.

anywho...Glad you got out of your journey alive...sounds like this guy is way nuts though, who in there right mind would just shout out something so stupid like that and make such a big deal about it. I always tell my girlfriend I want to install a potatoe shooter as my exhaust so I can just speed ahead of jerks like that and shoot a potatoe at their car....I know, far fetched :) but it would be amusing!

imported_Picus
09-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I`m sure he was talking about the Subbie, but this stuck me as funny -

You were coming out of a Timmies... he probably thought you were a "Stupid Jap buying Canucker!" :D

JaCkaL829
09-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear your alright Bob, that`s a pretty intense story for no real reason.

As I was reading it, I was reminded of this video I saw a couple weeks ago...

http://www.break.com/index/red_neck_bmw_road_rage.html

EDIT: Language Warning in the link above

Joshua312
09-07-2006, 12:45 PM

John, I seen that video last week and it is fricken crazy! The whole time you`re watching you just want those red necks to eat their own words...they look like little scared girls at the end. Pricks :)

BigAl3
09-07-2006, 12:45 PM
"Stupid Jap"

not really a good term to use...

topnotchtouch
09-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Glad to hear your alright Bob, that`s a pretty intense story for no real reason.

The video looks a little to rehearsed to me. I am willing to bet it was completely staged...

BobD
09-07-2006, 01:03 PM
The funny part is I just traded in my Impreza for a new FORD F-150 a week ago! I was in my wifes car. :lol