PDA

View Full Version : Like it or not winter is arround the corner, QUESTIONS...

Pages : [1] 2

mesoam
09-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Here in the NE things are cooling down and its about to get crappy in a few months

I decided I will be driving my car this winter instead of picking up a winter beater

I allready have a NICE full set of OEM rubber mats and a good set of seperate wheels/tires

Looking for advise on best waxes/sealants to use on the car during the horrid months

I don`t care much about the shine but more about the protection factor

I will be taking the car to a "wash it yourself" place (with my own product, for as long as i don`t get kicked out)

Any other tips would be appreciated

ZaneO
09-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Zaino, Werkstatt, or Collinite.

Accumulator
09-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Yep, any of those, plus the Klasse twins, oughta work fine. FWIW, our winter beater will be getting Collinite and the minivan will have KSG.

imported_Denzil
09-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Yep, any of those, plus the Klasse twins, oughta work fine. FWIW, our winter beater will be getting Collinite and the minivan will have KSG.

Out of curiosity, which Collinite? ... or does it really matter?

For winter, I think I`ll be trying UPP topped with OCW. I`ve never tried it but interested in how the results will turn out.

Driguez
09-07-2006, 11:56 AM
good thing the horrible months in FL are about to pass, i love Florida winters, no rain, no snow and a lovely temp :) even though summer time is horrible with the nasty every day thunderstorm

a.k.a. Patrick
09-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Like we have it real rough Denzil...............lol

Accumulator
09-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Out of curiosity, which Collinite? ... or does it really matter?

For winter, I think I`ll be trying UPP topped with OCW. I`ve never tried it but interested in how the results will turn out.

This one is turning out to be 845 x 2 topped with 476S (two layers so far, more to come between now and winter).

I dunno about the UPP/OCW for winter. Noting that I`ve never used OCW, the UPP I use on the S8 really needs refreshed after almost every wash during winter. It seems like the harsh conditions and the correspondingly more aggressive washes combine to rapidly take their toll on the UPP`s slickness (which makes me wonder about its durability). I either reapply it or occasionally just do a post-wash spritz with UGE. Not sure how the OCW will factor in but somehow, oh, I dunno....I`d just give it a bit of thought as the combo doesn`t strike me as a real winter-handler.

imported_GregCavi
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I will be going with a few coats of Zaino. I know it will hold strong through winter.

Greg

imported_02ZTSfocus
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I`m putting on 2-3 coats of Collinite 845. I hoping it holds up OK in the salt filled PA winters.

abbeysdad
09-07-2006, 02:19 PM
I`m going to try the Klasse twins for winter. Probably two layers of SG.

imported_DARKSTI
09-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Just prepped my STI a few days ago with 2 coats of Z5pro, going to do one more coat , then 2-3 of Z2. Maintain with Z6/Z8 each wash.

jmsc
09-07-2006, 03:05 PM
1. Zaino

2. Duragloss

3. Old Klasse Twins

4. Collinite Wax

I`ve got Zaino on my car since 6/06. One more coat of Z-2P in OCT should do it. Then, like DARKSTI, maintain it with Z6/Z7/Z8.

AL-53
09-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I used the Klasse twins x2 and collinite paste wax (915 and fleetwax)x2 last winter here in New England..and it did a superb job...road grime and salt just sprayed off no problem..and beading went into early June before I did the truck over for the sumeer...

This winter I am going to try Duragloss prodcts...105 x 3 and AW..I am still contemplating topping with Collinite..as this stuff is bullet proof in the winter...and use AW on top of the Collinite...I know the DG will go the winter..but the collinite will be hard as a rock from winter cold and make a good barrier to take the beating...

Al

mikebai1990
09-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I plan on doing 2-3 layers of Collinite 476S before winter, and more if needed during the winter.

2.5RS
09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
In about a month (mid October) I`m going to prep my car for the winter time. I`m thinking it`ll get 3 layers of DG #105, then a double shot of Megs #16 all over the span of about a week. Probably a little overkill ;) but they sure use a lot of salt on the roads around here..

- Andrew