PDA

View Full Version : black lexus rx

maxi
09-06-2006, 03:39 AM
i have new lexus rx 2006 black no swirl ....very clean but idont no what wax i :nixweiss use for best result in black ?

1- pinnacle souveran or 2- nxt wax 3-zymol concourse

can i apply nxt wax and layer with souveran for water looking .. itried use nxt +zymol concourse in my nissan the result more durbalilty ..

but not like souversn more water loking and shimmer.

sorry ibout my eg.

lbls1
09-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Don`t mix the Concours, and try a three way test between NXT, Souveran and Concours. That should tell you the winner of the three. Put NXT on one panel, and then Souveran on a separate panel, and then the same with concours. Do not give any aid to any of the waxes. The wax has to perform by itself ..."Look ma, no hands!"

Tell us and show us what happens!

RAG
09-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Hard to beat Souveran...but I don`t think it really matters - what does matter is keeping that beauty relatively swril-free through proper washing and frequent buffing. But if you really want to play with the wax combination, just compare them on your hood as lbls said...I really don`t think you`ll be able to say one looks better than the other (sometimes one side might look better than the other, but it is usually do to the lighting from that angle).

lbls1
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM
I have noticed marked differences between some of those lsp`s in my observation; But in viewing these products, a lot will be weighed by first impressions. Make sure that you apply each product as recommended by their brands, and compare the finishes in different lighting settings. You want to find out which wax has the widest range in terms of color reproduction and reflective depth.

If you can, use a very good digital camera to record the angles that you are observing, so as to help you to remember each brand`s finish. The images will also help reveal which wax has the best desired finish characteristics and optical range.

Envious Eric
09-07-2006, 10:19 PM
i guess I will offer my opinion on this...

PS - best shine

nxt - great shine, best durability

Zymol - never used....

hahaha that helped a little didnt it???

lbls1
09-07-2006, 10:25 PM
lol!! At least its an honest opinion!

imported_chpsk8
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Here`s my thoughts....

Menzerna FP

Red Moose Glaze

Nattys Blue Wax

Gets you a result that looks like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/chpsk8/Clean-1.jpg

lbls1
09-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Very nice looking result! I think the idea, though, is to find the wax that can yield the best results without the aid of other products (after the prep work).

Maxi, also take note that the range shots may need to be taken on the side(s) panels of the car, since point blank and close up observations will be harder to judge differences in range depth.