PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys spray and gloss

sftempest66
09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
hey guys, can I use this as a lubricant for claybars? just wondering, and how about between washes/waxes, how does this stuff compare to other QD`s?

Sherman8r44
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
As much as I hate to use this reply, you need to SEARCH. There are a lot of old threads on this product.

It can be used as a clay lube, but I`m not sure how to answer the rest of your question because it is rather general... :nixweiss

Eliot Ness
09-05-2006, 08:25 PM
hey guys, can I use this as a lubricant for claybars? just wondering, and how about between washes/waxes, how does this stuff compare to other QD`s?I`ve never used it as a clay lube.... I just use car wash soap (usually PoorBoy`s SS&S).

As a QD it is one of two that I use a lot.... ClearKote Quik Shine is the other one.

shortspark
09-05-2006, 08:51 PM
hey guys, can I use this as a lubricant for claybars? just wondering, and how about between washes/waxes, how does this stuff compare to other QD`s?

I have used a bunch of QDs during the past two years, including PBSG. It is a very good QD; however, I find myself using their Spray and Wipe much more due to its superior cleaning ability. SW cleans better but SG shines better. If you want to attack fingerprints, light pollen, dust, bird bombs, etc. the SW is the way to go. If the car is clean, I would use SG.

Having said that, if the car was really clean I would probably rather use something like Menzerna`s HGAS, Wolfgang`s Spritz or Duragloss Aquawax. These do not clean very well but since the car is already clean you don`t care about that. But they give very good shine and gloss and help protect and prolong your lsp. And don`t forget a couple in-between products such as Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine and FK425. These two may be a great compromise as they clean a little and also give very good shine.

sftempest66
09-05-2006, 09:15 PM
As much as I hate to use this reply, you need to SEARCH. There are a lot of old threads on this product.

It can be used as a clay lube, but I`m not sure how to answer the rest of your question because it is rather general... :nixweiss

I did a quick search and generally found info relating to using it as just a quick detail and no references to using it as a clay lube, I just went back and searched more in depth and found a thread on it, sorry about that

I was also wondering, can I apply a coat of Natty`s blue over the current 2 coats of Poorboys EX with caranuba that I have on my 2003 White mach 1? (after a wash, the car does not need to be clayed)

sftempest66
09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I have used a bunch of QDs during the past two years, including PBSG. It is a very good QD; however, I find myself using their Spray and Wipe much more due to its superior cleaning ability. SW cleans better but SG shines better. If you want to attack fingerprints, light pollen, dust, bird bombs, etc. the SW is the way to go. If the car is clean, I would use SG.

Having said that, if the car was really clean I would probably rather use something like Menzerna`s HGAS, Wolfgang`s Spritz or Duragloss Aquawax. These do not clean very well but since the car is already clean you don`t care about that. But they give very good shine and gloss and help protect and prolong your lsp. And don`t forget a couple in-between products such as Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine and FK425. These two may be a great compromise as they clean a little and also give very good shine.

Thanks for the info, sounds good, I`ve heard a lot of good things about Aquawax also, and as for the SG, my car is clean 95% of the time, so I guess my SG will be good