PDA

View Full Version : Favorite carnauba based QD`s

Pages : [1] 2

TGates
09-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I`m just curious what QD those of us who still cherish a good ole pure carnauba like to use after washing to renew gloss, slickness, etc.

Number one for me is probably Griot`s Speed Shine. I love the heck out of it. It has never streaked for me (although I never QD under direct sun), it wipes clean right away, has no alcohol content, smells AWESOME (this is a big deal to me, as much time as I spend QDing), and is pretty slick. It`s also pretty thick for a QD so I feel safe using it on moderately dusty surfaces. The actual carnauba content is pretty low, as in < 1%, but I still wouldn`t use it between layers of sealant. It adds a LITTLE shine, but mostly I feel it doesn`t take away, or add anything, to the finish, except for making it clean again. I like to let my LSP do the shining.

Number two is Sonus Carnauba Spritz. It`s equally as easy to use as Speed Shine, but I go through a 16 ounce bottle of QD so fast my head spins, so it`s not really cost effective for me to keep this on the shelf, AHEM DAVID :o It has the same grade of carnauba as P21S/S100 and is very user friendly, slick, etc. All the good stuff, just too small of a bottle.

I love Pinnacle CM, but I consider that more of a spray wax than a QD. One Grand Show Off is awesome, but can be a little hard to work with. EFCP was nice, but a little thin in consistency for my likings.

Pats300zx
09-05-2006, 10:09 AM
My favs are:

Sonus Carnuaba Spritz

Pinnacle Crystal Mist

:2thumbs:

imported_smprince1
09-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Poorboy`s QW+ is carnauba based and works excellent IMO.

TGates
09-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Poorboy`s QW+ is carnauba based and works excellent IMO.

I don`t consider that a QD. That`s a spray wax.

ashsarna
09-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Still have some of EF pre-voc carnauba qd :o . Others I like are CG pro detailer and PS crystal Mist.

ZaneO
09-05-2006, 11:28 AM
I use Clearkote Quikshine.

Setec Astronomy
09-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Does QS have carnauba in it?

ZaneO
09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Does QS have carnauba in it?

It doesn`t say specifically, but I`d guess no.

imported_MCA
09-05-2006, 11:57 AM
I use Meguiar`s Last Touch for my carnauba finishes - I QD only after a wash or during a spit-shine session. I would like to try Sonus Carnauba Spritz and Pinnacle Crystal Mist but the cost would come and bite me. IMO, Last Touch has great all-around performance, is available in bulk, and can be diluted for clay lubricant work. As a side note, it`s not very sun-friendly (mainly due to the high surface temperature - just my opinion).

mblgjr
09-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Pinnacle CM is my favorite to rejuvinate carnauba based waxes. I don`t consider it strong enough to be a stand alone Carnauba wax, but it does great at keeping a good base coat alive and filling in the blanks after a wash job.

Other than that, FK FX100 and 425 are a couple of my favorite maintenance and touch up products, though neither contain `nuba.

3Dog
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Werkstatt Carnauba Glos

Blackfire Ivory Carnauba Cleaner

Sonus Carnauba Spritz

TGates
09-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Werkstatt Carnauba Glos

Sonus Carnauba Spritz

Tell me more about the Blackfire product... it has been catching my eye. I`ve got Last Touch Foam Detailer... same idea, different brand?

Sherman8r44
09-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Pinnacle Crystal Mist is nice but honestly I don`t think it`s any better than other gloss QD`s. It`s not all that substatial IMO. CG Pro Detailer is just about as good with the gloss/slickness and its cleaning ability makes it much more versatile. I haven`t found any more substantial carnauba QD`s other than PB QD+ and CG Instawax, but those are difficult to use and not really QD`s.

Derf
09-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Werkstatt Carnauba Glos

Sonus Carnauba Spritz

Used the Werkstatt this weekend and it just feels very grabby and not slick. Also, streaked.

imported_smprince1
09-05-2006, 02:02 PM
I don`t consider that a QD. That`s a spray wax.

It lightly cleans as well, not just a spray wax.

But ... didn`t you ask about carnauba producs? A product that cleans and leaves behind carnauba would fit your description, wouldn`t it?