PDA

View Full Version : perma-seal wax, what a laugh

Animus
09-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I did a search about it just a sec ago and see it hasn`t been adressed for a year or so and I ran into it a few days ago at a fair. Typical gimmick at a booth. Seems to be popular around the northeast as other threads say. It was being marketed as "the lazy man`s wax". Unlike previous threads, i found a site for it. http://www.permasealwax.com/index.html

So I did interrogate the guy about it, he was a real fast talking saleman trying to pitch it to anyone who walked by. He had a S-10 hood for the demonstration that he ganked from a junk yard and had previously covered it in tar and shtuff to show how well this crap cleans. After watching for a while i told him I wasn`t sold and he got serious, saying he`s been marketing this stuff from before i was born (im 18 :bat ). The tar was fresh and comes out after some scrubbin but it`s nothing i don`t see something like meg`s paint cleaner being unable to remove. So he decided to bring me back behind a few cars and found a beat to hell dodge van with overspray all over the brake lights... looked like it had been that way for a while. After generous amounts of this stuff he did manage to polish it off by hand and I was almost impressed, I guess it`s not worthless... but for $20 a bottle I don`t think so. It`s not everything it says it is... I seriously doubt it lasts even close to 6 months, it appears to just be a carnauba with cleaners but people were buying it.. a lot.

thoughts?