PDA

View Full Version : lil wax usage tech & Sealants w/ 3+ months of protection

dtailmycar
09-04-2006, 04:18 PM
guys I`m trying to get a good sealant in terms of protections, I`ll like nice to tight beading, descents slickness and looks would come after that. I also have some other questions...

1. I`m looking to PB -Ex sealants, my question is will the plus carnuba one affect the durability of the product, will the pure one give me better results, durability?

2. I noticed some of you using *very* little wax to use a complete can, and others getting 50+ apliccations out of a can. How can this be done??? I`ve been struggling lately using too much product (I think) which gives me some problems buffing out, I`ve experience this problems with good quality waxes (In my opinion) like collinite 845 and NXT..

Any giving help would be much thanked...

imported_paradigm
09-04-2006, 04:25 PM
sealants i have used (and very happy with all of them):

--Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (4* UPP) and UPPS (spray version)

--Zaino (Z2 Pro / Z5 Pro)

--Duragloss Total Paint Protection (TPP #105) w/ Polymer Binding Agent (PBA #601) under it

Duragloss is the cheapest and ranks 2nd out of them to me for appearance and durability. Zaino wins in all aspects (but most expensive). UPP/UPPS is also a great product.

Driven-528e
09-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Try applying your waxes, especially liquid ones, with your PC. The PC on speed 3 with a finishing pad will really allow you to apply a thin, even coat of wax. Even 845 should buff off easily. Hope that helps!

wannafbody
09-04-2006, 07:31 PM
if tight beading and water resistance are important then Zaino wins hands down. I`d also rank Duragloss as #2. I also like the looks of Tropicare XP(comparable to EXP) but it doesn`t bead as tight as Z or DG.

alexis
09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
how does jeffs werkstatt compare to zaino or duragloss?

Accumulator
09-05-2006, 11:00 AM
dtailmycar- I get good beading/slickness/etc. from both UPP and KSG, but the KSG lasts for months and the UPP seems to drop off a little after a wash or two. Collinite waxes and #16 both do what you want *for me* too, but you did say you wanted a sealant...

On the thin applications, I`m a bit of a fanatic about it. The thinner I apply the easier/better everything goes, it`s not like I really care about wasting product. I *just* finished off a can of #16 that I opened in the 1990s, and I expect the new can to last at least ten years too (note that I use it a lot).

Hand vs. PC seems to vary with the product, paste vs. liquid- I generally get thinner applications with *paste waxes* whenI use the PC (but I suspect that I use more product as IMO the PC pads tend to hold more than a hand applicator), with liquid products like UPP and especially KSG, I get much thinner applications and use *far* less applying by hand :nixweiss

With 845, I use more product with the PC, but it`s just *so* easy that I do it that way anyhow (a slightly too-thick application of 845 still buffs off easily). If you`re getting too-thick-application issues with 845, you`re using *MUCH* too much. I just did the Blazer with it...I used way more than I needed too yet I`m sure I didn`t use anywhere close to one ounce. Even with less than an ounce, I had a bunch of wasted 845 left in the pad when I was done.

awahl63
09-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I`m still a fan of the good ole Klasse SG

Milestones
09-06-2006, 05:56 AM
I`ve experimented with many different sealants - but KSG is what I use on my own vehicle.

It`s tried and true - hard to beat for its combination of looks and durability.