PDA

View Full Version : how to remove(or reduce) scratch on leather?

lucid0703
09-03-2006, 10:24 PM
My car is 06 VW Passat with leatherette seats, and there are some leather(or leatherette) parts on the doors inside the car.

I just got a small scratch(not deep nor long, but it is visible) on the leatherette(is it leatherette or leather?) part of one of the doors.

I know I can use a scratch remover or touch up paint pen if the scratch is on the outside of the car, but I have no idea what to do on the leatherette(or leather).

Anyone have any idea?

I tried the leather cleaner oil, but of course, with no luck.

I know it is almost impossible to remove scratches from leather, but I at least want to reduce it as much as possible..

imported_Grouse
09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
It is not such a difficlult thing to improve, it is however an art, the more practice you have the better you are at it.

If you want to take it to a trained guy with skills i woule expect around 75-150 some where in there.

if you want to try and do this yourself.. here is where to look.

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/category.aspx?categoryID=7

I repeat again, this is an art. it is a learned skill. It is not difficult, but it is a skill none the less. Doing this yourself may make matters worse with out practice.

lucid0703
09-04-2006, 08:11 AM
It is not such a difficlult thing to improve, it is however an art, the more practice you have the better you are at it.

If you want to take it to a trained guy with skills i woule expect around 75-150 some where in there.

if you want to try and do this yourself.. here is where to look.

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/category.aspx?categoryID=7

I repeat again, this is an art. it is a learned skill. It is not difficult, but it is a skill none the less. Doing this yourself may make matters worse with out practice.

Thank you very much for your advice and the link.

However, I have absolutely no skills with leather care and everything, so I would definitely like to spend $$ rather than taking the risk to ruin it worse.

Can you introduce me any expert? Oh, by the way, I live in Toronto, Canada just for your information.

imported_Grouse
09-04-2006, 09:18 AM
your best place to start is a custom upholstry shop. if they do not know how to do it in house, they will know who will. Call around and ask a few shops. Explain to them you don`t want it replaced but repaired.

The price may go up a bit. I quoted usd. Even with out our dollar being stronger canada seems to be 10-20% higher.