PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and Megs Gold Class Car Wash Soap - OK Together?

imported_SilverStallion
09-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I know that Zaino will not adhere to Carnuba at all. I was just wondering if one is limited to the Zaino Car Wash Soap or if the Megs Gold Class is ok given the very minute amount of carnuba that would actually be in the soap.

I do not want to put the durability of the Zaino application in jeapordy.

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Thanks.

~Darren

imported_paradigm
09-03-2006, 04:19 PM
won`t be a problem. if there is any concern, give the car a quick wipedown with a IPA solution prior to the Z treatment...but i don`t think that is necessary.

imported_MCA
09-03-2006, 04:20 PM
In my experience, Gold Class wash did not compromise my layers of Z2 Pro. In fact, I find that Zaino laughs at a lot of car soaps (just my opinion). However, I strictly use Z7 if I plan on adding another layer of Z2 Pro.

Hope this helps...MCA

imported_SilverStallion
09-03-2006, 04:22 PM
So - it may be wise just to get the Zaino soap for insurance on the days I will be adding coats...?

imported_memnuts
09-03-2006, 04:29 PM
So - it may be wise just to get the Zaino soap for insurance on the days I will be adding coats...?

The best shampoo for Zaino is Z7 but the small amount of waxes/oils/silicones in other shampoos will not interfer with the Z sealant bonding. If you Z6 or IPA wipedown prior to applying another coat this would remove any doubt. Z6 will also make the surface really slick for that application and not remove an existing Z sealant on the finish.

OTC shampoos will also not effect the established Zaino on the vehicle but you will loss the protection re-enforcing effects of the polymers in Z7.

alexis
09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
won`t an ipa wipedown take off any zaino layers you have on?

imported_paradigm
09-03-2006, 05:36 PM
to clarify:

starting from scratch (no Z already on the paint)...IPA or Z6 prior to application is best.

for maintenance layers...then i would only do Z6 prior to applicaton. IPA would definitely compromise or destroy the existing layers.

wannafbody
09-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Zaino laughs at Fantstick and 409. car wash soap is a non issue