PDA

View Full Version : First time using Zaino (Tips)?

porterror
09-03-2006, 10:06 AM
I`m doing my girlfriend`s 2 year old Midnight Blue RAV4 today. It`s completely trashed and dirty, I`m also doing my brand new 2006 A4 Dolphin Grey....

Questions

------------

- I know i`m going to dawn wash both cars then Z-7 Wash them, but do i need to clay bar my own car if it`s only had 2k miles on it before I zaino?

- Do you use zaino on the rims and on door trim (plastic)?

- What should the process be for Zaino? Here are my products...

* ZFX

* Z-2 Pro

* Z-5 Pro

* Z-6

* Z-7

* Z-9

* Z-10

* Z-16

* Z-18

* Z-8

* Z-12

Thanks for all help in advance!!

porterror
09-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Also, how long should I let Z-5, Z-6, Z-2, Z-8 sit on my paint before buffing off?

EricDawg
09-03-2006, 01:59 PM
I`m no pro, but I have done the enire Zaino process a few times. Really I think you should follow what the directions say, which would answer your question on the clay bar. Rub your finger over the paint. Do you feal those little bumps? Those are surface contaniments. Do you want to seal those in? So yes I would clay bar. It`s amazing how smooth it feels after you do it. No little bumps at all. I clayed my brand new truck with only 200 miles and it turned out great. Used the 1 cap of wash with 16 ozs water as a lube. Rub lightly. You don`t need to rub hard. Turn the clay frequently too. I would wash after claying too.

If you use the ZFX I believe you only NEED to leave the Z-5 or Z-2 on for about 30 minutes or so. Isn`t that what the directions say? That`s what I did. I didn`t Dawn it. Couldn`t bring myself to using Dawn on my brand new truck. Clay alone took care of that IMHO. Z-6 and Z-8 you need to buff off right away or it will streak. If so, just do it again. Have lots of dry clean towels handy.

Can`t comment on the trim. I didn`t do any trim with Zaino. Haven`t used anything on trim. Still paranoid from younger days of using Amorall and having it all oxidize.

I do use the tire gloss and it looks great. Lasts a really long time.

Anyway... good luck. I`m sure you`ll be happy with the results. 6 months later and the water beading is amazing! Z-5 didn`t hide the swirls completely, but I haven`t tried the Z-5 pro. Curious to see how that works for you. Looking forward to your before and after pix.

Off to PC the rig for the first time. Wish me luck.

:spot

lp2137
09-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Here this thread might help.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76059&highlight=zaino+comments