PDA

View Full Version : Have to wash my car in the sun....Tips?

porterror
09-03-2006, 10:01 AM
I have to wash & clay my girlfriends car at her house and she doesn`t have a garage. It`s around 75 outside right now low humity. Are there any tips for claying and washing a car in the sun? I got really bad water spots on the windows last time I did it.

awahl63
09-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Rinse very frequently

emaxxman
09-03-2006, 10:42 AM
I agree. Re-wet the entire car as you wash it panel. Or you can simply wet only one panel at a time as you wash it. Do the roof last. Or you can your girlfriend stay mist the car as you wash?

For claying, use lots of lube or qd and buff/dry each section as you go.

porterror
09-03-2006, 10:44 AM
I`m zaino`n today so...I`m also assuming Dawn wash -> Dry -> Claybar by Panel -> Dry by panel -> Rewash car with zaino car wash.

Kewjoe
09-03-2006, 12:25 PM
I`m zaino`n today so...I`m also assuming Dawn wash -> Dry -> Claybar by Panel -> Dry by panel -> Rewash car with zaino car wash.

When i have to wash in sun, i do the following

1) wet entire car

2) soap roof, trunk, hood, front/back windows

3) rinse entire car

4) soap one side of car

5) rinse entire car

6) soap other side of car

7) rinse entire car

8) wash back of car, front of car, and wheels

9) rinse entire car

10) dry it in a shade if possible

works for me. not as difficult as i made it sound ;)

Brian_Brice
09-03-2006, 12:51 PM
ive been washing in direct sun somewhat often lately, hotter than 75 as well, onr one panel at a time.

imported_Neothin
09-03-2006, 02:40 PM
hotter than 75?! try mid 90`s :P

anyways, yeah, frequent rinsing and make sure you have some qd and a towel handy for cleaning up waterspots afterwards.

jdhutchin
09-03-2006, 03:34 PM
I`ve had good luck doing no-rinse washes in the sun. I do a panel at a time, and I can clay if needed while washing (the wash solution acts as the clay lube.)

n2_space
09-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I simply wash and rinse a section at a time, I have gotten quick and good at doing full sun details in any amount of heat. If you stick to wetting (or foam gun as I use), washing, and immediately drying in sections, you can make it work :)