PDA

View Full Version : OC Dusting

Mach30SiR
09-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Can someone tell me how i managed to dust OC?

Was working with a PC and orange P2 pad. I used OHC last week and loved it, no dusting.

I did notice i was moving alot slower this time though - as soon as i sped up, the OC didn`t dust anymore. So, was i just moving too slow, or is this a common issue with OC?

EdLancer
09-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Can someone tell me how i managed to dust OC?

Was working with a PC and orange P2 pad. I used OHC last week and loved it, no dusting.

I did notice i was moving alot slower this time though - as soon as i sped up, the OC didn`t dust anymore. So, was i just moving too slow, or is this a common issue with OC?

Is this the "new formula" or old stuff ?

Scottwax
09-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Could be you were using too much, otherwise all Optimum polishes put out little to no dust.

Mach30SiR
09-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Old

I was using just as much (or little i should say) as the OHC. The OC stopped dusting when i started moving the PC faster and applied less pressure. I wonder if i was moving too slow and pressing to hard, becasue as soon as i stopped it stopped dusting immediately, and gave me the results i`m looking for.

BTW: why would one use oc over ohc? I have all three opt polishes and am finding it hard to find a niche for the OC?

Setec Astronomy
09-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I too found that OHC and OC were virtually indistinguishable, although some other threads have indicated that at some point in the not-too-distant future OHC will be reformulated to be more aggressive. Could be some of your dusting was little bits of foam from the pad; I`ve had that happen.

gbackus
09-03-2006, 11:22 AM
How old/new was the pad? Was the pad used with any other product before?

Mach30SiR
09-03-2006, 11:46 AM
brand new orange pad. If thats the case that they are about the same OC for sale :)

gbackus
09-03-2006, 12:12 PM
brand new orange pad.

What you were experiencing was pad dusting, almost all new pads dust upon first use.