PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Remove This?

Specialized_Det
03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey guys... I`ve been an avid reader of this site for sometime, and registered just a few months ago. Your information and willingness to help fellow detailers has been incridible. I`m hoping you can help me today.

I have a 2000 black Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I wax it about every three months or more often, and try to wash it about once a week. A couple of months ago I took some pictures and meant to post them to this site, but just forgot. After washing it yesterday, it came to my attention once again.

I am happy with how the paint looks except for in one area: the hood. It looks great from some angles, then at other angles, depending on how the light hits it, it looks horrible. I am going to post a few pictures.

http://image24.webshots.com/25/8/19/22/310481922XzCgbW_ph.jpg

Now it looks really bad there. That is when it`s dirty and looking at it from the worst possible angle. But I am not happy with that.

More specifically, I have this one mark that appeared on the hood when I was in a parking lot one day. Here is what it looks like:

http://image40.webshots.com/41/8/19/84/310481984ekqssa_ph.jpg

There`s a white mark accross the hood that`s about two inches long. You can`t feel it when you rub your fingers accross it, but I have no clue how to get it out. Although you can`t feel it with your fingers, it looks like no amount of scrubbing or polishing or anything would get it off. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, I don`t own a PC... yet. I want to buy one soon because I know it will save me a lot of time and look much better. I would be willing to get ahold of any materials or supplies that I needed to make it look better.

Thanks in advance!

Poorboy
03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Hard to say from your picture, but it sort of looks like hard water deposits have etched your paint. By hand it will be pretty tough with any product. You might need some wet sanding too. I would probably consult with a reputable body shop and see if they can give you first hand advice or do it themselves. :hippi

Specialized_Det
03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
In the pictures it might look to some like hard water spots, but it isn`t. Thanks though.

rollman
03-31-2005, 04:43 PM
Take more pics and circle the area . All I see is what Poorboy said. It looks like hard water spots in the upper right corner part of the hood