PDA

View Full Version : water spots already?

gopedhead
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
i just went through a whole process of cleaning my car by washign it, claying it, clenaing it, polihsing it, and waxing it.

i leave it out for al ittle on teh street and bam, i`m attached w/ sprinkler water spots. this had to be just a few hours, i dried off the bubble water spots but it seems as a lot has drided on teh car. whats the best solution to get them off?

should i wash teh car again and hope they are removed? or shoudl i wash it and use a quick detailer?

after washing it, can i load up another coat of wax on teh car also? after the spots are removed of coruse?

and one other question. whats the best way to get rid of water spots on plastic.

gopedhead
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
anoyne know anything about htis/ i`m a newb here askign for help.

autoprincess
09-01-2006, 02:14 PM
The ease of removing water spots depends on several things, color of car, year, temperature outside, and type of water (well water or city water). I normally start with the less work required and work my way up. So you can do what you stated, wash it or chamois one spot clean and try the quick detailer spray with a MF and see how it does. In most cases if water spots have been there a while the above will not work. But if they are fresh waterspots, you might be able to get away with the above.

Envious Eric
09-01-2006, 02:41 PM
did you try re-washing the car?????

after that, just reapply your wax....i dont think that the water would have etched too bad in a few hours.....

SVR
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Wax should stop water spots by absorbing the water and drying spotless but maybe it wasn`t fully cured

Yes start with re washing, then move up to vinegar, ultra fine polish/glaze and up to soft - medium polish if necessary and then seal the paint with acrylic or polymer sealer and a few coats of wax

No more spots from then on.