PDA

View Full Version : Using the klasse twins with the pc.....

Scroder
08-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Ive been using the AIO with my meguiars 9006 pad and the sealant in the silver bottle with the same thing. Is this a good idea? With the all in one i just work it in a little bit and the sealant I just put on the pad and hit everything real quick with it. Is this how this stuff is supposed to be applied? Thanks,

Dave

abbeysdad
09-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I believe from what I`ve read, that for the Klasse twins, you want to work both products really well and obtain a super thin coating. (I also just purchased the twins to use as the winter coating).

I was reading the AIO and it said to use one ounce per vehicle ! I`m not sure how we`re supposed to really do that ! I`m thinking I`ll need a bit more for my mid size SUV.

I currently have a good layering on NXT, so in a few weeks (more into fall) I plan on applying AIO, then two coats of SG with a cure time in between coats (both with the PC).

FidoAUTO
09-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I believe from what I`ve read, that for the Klasse twins, you want to work both products really well and obtain a super thin coating. (I also just purchased the twins to use as the winter coating).

I was reading the AIO and it said to use one ounce per vehicle ! I`m not sure how we`re supposed to really do that ! I`m thinking I`ll need a bit more for my mid size SUV.

I currently have a good layering on NXT, so in a few weeks (more into fall) I plan on applying AIO, then two coats of SG with a cure time in between coats (both with the PC).

Make sure you remove all the NXT with a Dawn wash.....

p.s. actually you could probably remove the NXT by sneezing on it!! :chuckle:

awahl63
09-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Make sure you remove all the NXT with a Dawn wash.....

p.s. actually you could probably remove the NXT by sneezing on it!! :chuckle:

AIO will remove all of the NXT...Also, I have found that NXT does have cleaning ability and doesn`t like to be layered

Accumulator
09-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I can never get KSG on thinly enough when I apply it by PC, I do far better applying that product by hand (note that I apply most *everything* else by machine, even paste waxes).

I dunno about doing a whole vehicle with one ouce of AIO, I`m not that particular about how much AIO I use and IMO it`ll depend on how much cleaning you need it to do. Still, one ounce sounds about right.

I like to use pads that are a bit more porous than the Meg`s 9006 when working with AIO, but that`s just me.

No real point in "working" the KSG, all you need to do is get it on the panels.

I use *far* less than one ounce of KSG to do our minivan, not even close to that much- my bottle of SG is a good five years old, I`ve applied many coats to many vehicles, and it`s still over half-full. It`s hard to express how little you need...think of it as bonding at the molecular level and remember that 99% of what you apply gets buffed off. I apply it so thinly that I can`t really see it on the paint (I go by feel and work systematically to avoid missing any areas). The thinner you apply SG the easier it`ll buff off and the less chance you`ll have any problems (streaking, "blooming" a few days later, etc.).

Let it cure for ~24 hours and add another layer. I shoot for four to six layers but you can always just add another one after each of the next few regular washes.

Even if NXT isn`t the most durable product in the world, I never find Dawn to be very good at stripping LSPs, but the AIO will clean it off anyhow.

SVR
09-01-2006, 07:59 PM
dawn will dry paint out and AIO will definately take the LSP off no probs

Don`t find AIO that good by hand or machine. The new prime range from jeffs is light years ahead

I reckon only a MF buffing bonnet will properly allow KSG or Acrylic jett to work in by machine

Foam pads just absorb it and spread it around.

abbeysdad
09-01-2006, 08:16 PM
When I refered to "working" the product, I meant it in the sense that you need to work it to get a very thin layer. I still think 1 oz., a mere shot glass, is an unrealistically small amount. I`d think the applicator "pad`` would suck up nearly that much.

The downloadable detailing guide on this site offers some insights into aplication of Klasse AIO and SG (as does other information here re: `The Perfect Shine`) and although not required, application with the PC is recommended.

The Dawn debate never gets old does it? Although somewhat affective at removing wax, Dawn probably isn`t going to remove most any polymer LSP. AIO however has chemical cleaners that should do the job.

Accumulator
09-02-2006, 10:54 AM
When I refered to "working" the product, I meant it in the sense that you need to work it to get a very thin layer. I still think 1 oz., a mere shot glass, is an unrealistically small amount. I`d think the applicator "pad`` would suck up nearly that much..

I don`t mean to sound all :argue or anything, but seriously, I really do use *far* less than that to do our minivan. Consider that my bottle of KSG is many years old, done dozens and dozens of applications (and I`ve knocked it over a few times too :o ) yet it`s not even half-way used up.

I put it on the pad by holding the pad over the spout of the bottle and shaking it, this deposits a drop on the pad. Then I move the pad and do it again. Repeat until the pad is just barely moist with KSG..that`s enough to do at least a panel.

I really do think that my extremely thin applications are the reason why I find KSG *so* easy to work with while others find it a pain. I wonder if I don`t think of having to work it to spread it thin because I don`t have that much coming off the applicator :nixweiss