PDA

View Full Version : Wax/Sealants w/o oily residue

RAG
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
I`m curious what waxes or sealants others have found to leave an oil-free finish?

I really only notice it on the "perfectly buffed" black finish, but I really don`t like that oily finish most waxes and sealants leave on black (though I know it goes away after a wash); I just buffed out a black Porche with the rotary and for a minute I thought I left some trace halogram lines, but then I realized it was simply the oils from FMJ running in the direction I last swiped my towel. Just for fun, I tried a few other waxes/sealants I had mobile with me - EX-P, #26, P21S, and FMJ all left this residue...NB and Optimum spray wax did not.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-31-2006, 11:25 PM
The SmartWax Sealant as well as Rightlook (close to your neck of the woods) and NXT are fairly "dry". But I have found those types of sealants to be a little lackluster. Easy to use due to their "dryness", but they just dont give that attractive "bite" when your all done......I dunno Ry, just one of my quirks with some of my favored sealants. I tried NXT again for the hell of it, fig`d it had been reformulated, but after the first wash, again I was dissapointed. Slickness had dissapeared. Actually any and all signs I had even applied it 4 weeks earlier were gone.

PS, got your msg, I`ll try to call tomorrow, I have an Expedition, Tacoma, and Ram pickup that need some attention after a week at the beach......

jmsc
09-01-2006, 09:44 AM
2 of the better ones that I`ve used that do not leave behind any oils are the old Klasse twins and Zaino Show Car Polishes. There are some other sealants but have not personally tried them.

imported_Bence
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
I think Mothers FX, Finish Kare 2180 or Z2Pro are fairly "dry" as Patrick said. I agree with him with the NXT as well, but I like the paste.

RAG
09-01-2006, 10:11 AM
I`ll try my Z2Pro with ZFX on my next swril-free black vehicle and check for signs of extra oils. Thanks.

And don`t get me wrong, I think the oils are a good thing on most colors...and man do they make FMJ slick (I can`t tell you how many comments I get on the slickness after I`ve applied FMJ...the first thing most people do is feel their paint).

a.k.a. Patrick
09-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Another sleeper product is Mothers Reflections. I rate it a step ahead of NXT.....

wannafbody
09-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Zaino and Duragloss

imported_memnuts
09-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Zaino, Werkstatt Acrylic Jett and Klasse SG are the only sealants I have tried and I have tested many, that do not leave any oily residue.