PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Customers!

Pages : [1] 2

Pittssteelers
08-31-2006, 07:18 PM
I had a customer come into my shop today and asked if I could, and I will quote...

Could you `new car` wrap my vehicle for me? I at first thought someone was playing a joke on me. But I played along and asked what she wanted wrapped? She wanted plastic seat covers, `sticky floor mats` and those little yellow stickers put on her tires. I said...

Ummm, well! Let me see...that would come to $250 with the basic detail included. Now our basic detail is only $89 (wash, orbital wax, clean jambs, dry vac, windows, tire shine, you all know what is involved.) Well she said GREAT!!!

Two hours latter, she is driving off in her 06 Grand Cherokee with only 5000 miles looking like it belongs in a new car lot. :confused:

I am not complaining but I mean REALLY?!? Has anyone ever had a customer like this?

Joshua312
08-31-2006, 07:36 PM
So are you saying you ripped this lady off because of her lack of knowledge?

Rayc777
08-31-2006, 07:52 PM
She considered it to be a fair deal so no one was hurt. Detailer (good ones) undercharge for their services all the time and people still complain. $100 an hour should be the goal for all professional detailers who put out high quality work, regardless of which process you are performing.

Derrick

Setec Astronomy
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Was she about to resell it???

skoles
08-31-2006, 08:41 PM
It must be a new fad.

`scuse me while I run out to PepBoy`s and get some white vinyl for my hood and some plastic bags for my wipers.

autoprincess
08-31-2006, 08:47 PM
I love the one`s that want that new car smell, and their vehicle smells like it has been ran through the trash dump with the doors open scooping up all the trash into their vehicles. (Literally picking up and throwing out the ju ju beans, M&M`s, and French Fries in the cracks of everything). I do have to give credit to the French Fries they are fun to suck up and leave no real mess.

<-----More French Fries over here please :chuckle:

AMDin93103
08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
. . .French Fries they are fun to suck up and leave no real mess. . . .

They lube the track occasionally too.

autoprincess
08-31-2006, 10:00 PM
:getdown
They lube the track occasionally too. :chuckle: :hifive:

imported_mirrorfinishman
09-01-2006, 04:55 AM
<Quote>Originally Posted by Crazy Customer

Could you `new car` wrap my vehicle for me?<Quote>

<Quote>Originally Posted by Even Crazier Detail Manager

Ummm, well! Let me see...that would come to $250 with the basic detail included.<Quote>

Makes you wonder what her friends and family are going to think when she tells them that she paid $250 for a basic $89 detailing.

awahl63
09-01-2006, 10:58 AM
What is your role in this?

BobD
09-01-2006, 11:18 AM
They lube the track occasionally too.

And you can`t beat it if you get hungry during a detail!

autoprincess
09-01-2006, 01:04 PM
:drool:
And you can`t beat it if you get hungry during a detail! :chuckle:

Pittssteelers
09-01-2006, 03:29 PM
******UPDATE******

It must be some new kind of fad or something. I had two referals from her today for the same treatment! The one lady today said she wants to protect her investment and this is a good way. I told her that our full detail is only $249 and in my opinion would be a better investment for her. BUt she said that all this other `stuff` that the first lady got done is more eye appealing. I think I might have a new niche in the market!!!!

autoprincess
09-01-2006, 03:31 PM
:2thumbs: :getdown

******UPDATE******

It must be some new kind of fad or something. I had two referals from her today for the same treatment! The one lady today said she wants to protect her investment and this is a good way. I told her that our full detail is only $249 and in my opinion would be a better investment for her. BUt she said that all this other `stuff` that the first lady got done is more eye appealing. I think I might have a new niche in the market!!!!

imported_02ZTSfocus
09-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Please post some pics of the finished product, I am having a hard time picturing what it is your doing. Who would have though that someone would pay to get that done to their car haha.