PDA

View Full Version : Five Star Shine - "Never wax again!"

gregh
08-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Just saw an ad for this. What is this exactly? Is it technically a sealer? How can they claim it lasts 5 years?

http://www.fivestarshine.com/

mikebai1990
08-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Imagine protecting your vehicle`s paint with a tough outer coating that protects it from the elements for up to 5 years with a slick finish that actually keeps it cleaner!

Don`t forget the "up to" :) Marketing gimmicks... Although I am interested in the fact that the navy is using it. Unless there`s another trick...

EBPcivicsi
08-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I never liked the "do a search" reply, but this has been discussed *many* times here.

gregh
08-31-2006, 05:24 PM
OK, I realized you can use quotes in the search string and now I actually get mostly relavent results... Yes looks like there are many threads already discussing this!

Five Star
09-01-2006, 12:50 AM
no its hiring me.. That way you never need to wax, I`ll do it for you :getdown

couldnt resist that one

Guy
09-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Maybe they give it to the Navy free or at a discount so they can state the Navy uses it. Or they sent them 1 bottle to try! I`ve seen other products stating "someone important" uses it that aren`t around for very long. There has to be some gimmick. Besides if we found a 5 year product what would we do with all our spare time and cabinets full of other products?