PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Business card please.

Pages : [1] 2

Yzer
08-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Let me know what you guys think of this. I had 500 made already for a car show that I did a little while back and still have some left. Before I get some more made up, I want to see what people think about them. I will also probably add a backside before they are re-done. Thanks in advance,

--Mark

The website is not up yet but will be hopefully this weekend!

http://Yzer.smugmug.com/photos/91994352-M-1.jpg

Yzer
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Also the picture on there was taken by me in my S2000. I thought that was a nice little touch. ;)

Joshua312
08-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Looks nice, however we arent allowed to post our website and phone numbers directly :(...I know kinda makes the card pointless to post. But I really like the look of it, did you design it yourself or use a website?

-I really like the font used for Exotic

Five Star
08-31-2006, 12:22 PM
It looks good, something just doesn`t seem right with the main font

ZaneO
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
I think it looks very nice - clean and classy. You might get some sort of tag line on there or a touch more info. on what you offer.

I might also center the name and phone number.

autoprincess
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Very high quality picture, the only thing I don`t really like is the shifter. This is based on first glance, I see a shifter for a detailer. Is there a message behind it? I would switch out pictures, there is an aswome picture somewhere on this forum of the right rear quarter panel of a car that looks like the paint is liquid hot/fresh. Not saying use that picture but something that stands out and says D*** I want my car to look like that.

BobD
08-31-2006, 12:32 PM
I like it a lot...BUT I don`t think the shifter goes with detailing. It would be great if you had a performance shop or something. Maybe show the whole s2000 all shined up? But I use an old hot rod scketch for my logo so don`t listen to me. LOL

Yzer
08-31-2006, 12:34 PM
updated pic without content!

autoprincess
08-31-2006, 12:38 PM
The following picture is not mine it came from user: SpoiledMan (http://autopia.org/forum/member.php?find=lastposter&t=72944)

(I have to give credit when credit is due)

This is the type of picture I was talking about:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/CaymanS_Fender.jpg

Looks great huh. :spot

This type of picture really catches your eye. :cooleek: :shocked

Yzer
08-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the responses! I get what you guys are saying about it not really relating. I wanted to use a picture that I have taken and I could not find any that I thought would have gone better than this. I have some time to get more pics in before I do the cards again. I may see what else I can come up with.

I guess one of the reasons I chose this pic is because it a really close to the shift knob... Maybe showing that I pay very close attention to detail. I dont know just throwing something out there. hehe. I may be detailing a Ferrari this weekend so I might try to get a business card quaity pic of it. The bad part is, I pretty much have to set up a photo shoot to get a pic that I would want on the card. The background would have to be perfect and I dont really want to ask the owner to take more time out to go take pics. (though im sure he wouldn`t mind).

Yzer
08-31-2006, 12:43 PM
The following picture is not mine it came from user: SpoiledMan

This is the type of picture I was talking about:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/CaymanS_Fender.jpg

Looks great huh. :spot

This type of picture really catches your eye. :cooleek: :shocked

WOW that is nice. I may try and take something like that. That way I dont have to worry about the background!

autoprincess
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Makes you want to run your face on it. :o

Yzer
08-31-2006, 12:49 PM
haha no kidding!!

beachy
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Maybe hire a pro photographer. I`d try to barter services if I didn`t have enough cash to pay.

Yzer
08-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Well I have some friends who are pro`s. I have an 8mp digital SLR myself so I dont really find it necessary to have to pay for the pics though. Its just going to take some setting up with the right car to get the picture I would want.