PDA

View Full Version : Zaino report after 3 months.

Pages : [1] 2

FidoAUTO
08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Back in May I detailed a MB CLK430 with 40,000 Miles (64,000 km`s).... The car had never been polished or waxed. The owner owns 4 hair salons and does not care nor has the time to clean it.......... Prior to may I was soliciting for his business for 2 months and when he finally gave it to me I couldn`t let him down.....

I dont have pics of the original detail but what I did was:

-Dawn Wash

-Clay Bar

-ZPC Fusion via PC (2 passes)

-wipe with Z6

-Z5w/zfx

-Z6

-Z2pro x 2

-Z6

the car looked stunning and it was 98% swirl and scratch free (gotta love that soft MB clear).... so yesterday he calls me and told me his light bulb was out and asked me to pick up his car..... since I do offer full maintenance to all my customers that need it, I went to pick it up.... and this is what I see......

http://www.fidoleasing.ca/Details/CLK430rewash/Picture-193.jpg

http://www.fidoleasing.ca/Details/CLK430rewash/Picture-194.jpg

then to top it off someone must have been bored and did this...

http://www.fidoleasing.ca/Details/CLK430rewash/Picture-196.jpg

:eek: :eek:

seeing as I only had an hour the only thing I could do was hope and pray that when I washed it, it wouldn`t look like It did when he first gave it to me three months ago.

I washed the Car with Zaino`s soap and dried it with a few large Microfiber..... and I am glad to report that the car STILL beaded like it did the day I gave it to him.... the Zaino showed no signs of weakening, I didn`t even feel `tempted` to throw on a quick coat of Z2p.... I did give it a once over with Z8 and the car looked `waxed` again.... or so thats what the customer `thought`...... but I did tell him the truth..... "JUST A WASH"......and I got the reply... `why doesn`t it come out like that when I wash it??`......

well this is how the car looks like 3 months and 5000 km`s later....not 98% swirl free due to the elements and road grime but still shining like it did.....

http://www.fidoleasing.ca/Details/CLK430rewash/Picture-198b.jpg

http://www.fidoleasing.ca/Details/CLK430rewash/Picture-198.jpg

http://www.fidoleasing.ca/Details/CLK430rewash/Picture-200.jpg

coupe
08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Did you give him any washing tips?

stilez
08-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Beautiful!

I had an IDENTICAL experience to yours as well.

After detailing my girlfriend`s mom`s Volvo wagon, it never saw soap for about 75-90 days. Covered in muck, junk, and dust, she ran it through a swirl-0-matic (some people are uncurable). As she drove up the driveway, that "Zaino shine" was extremely prominent. I ran my hand gently over the surface and it was about 60-70% as slick as the day I applied it. I, too, was pretty stunned.

FidoAUTO
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Did you give him any washing tips?

lol... you know what?? he just doesn`t care .... he`s got the funds to call me whenever he wants but as you can see... it seems as if he is pretty confortable getting the car to that point!! just the thought make me --- > :hairpull :wall

G35.... lol @ swirl-o-matic!!... I`m gonna use that word from now on when refering to the brush washes.....

autoprincess
08-31-2006, 10:51 AM
It`s the one`s that don`t care that put money in detailers pockets. Lazinees, the American Way, there is a price and profit to be made. It`s just a matter of which side of the line you are on.

I have a Prius that comes in the shop regularly and the guy works at a Resteraunt and the interior is tan, but when he brings it in it is black from his filth. Not to mention the Prius is white. Next time it comes in I`ll try and take a picture of it. Oh yeah, it smells like the ocean with dead fish.

imported_DennisH
08-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I normally don’t post when I see a post like this one but this time I will. Z7 is a wash and wax in the same bottle – you can take a car that is not beading at all and wash it with Z7 and it will bead like crazy. Read the website and it states contains “Show Car Polish†right in the description of the Z7. Z7 is part of the durability of Zaino system and when not used I believe it hurts the durability even though it still one of top in durability.

Statman
08-31-2006, 01:13 PM
I normally don’t post when I see a post like this one but this time I will. Z7 is a wash and wax in the same bottle – you can take a car that is not beading at all and wash it with Z7 and it will bead like crazy. Read the website and it states contains “Show Car Polish†right in the description of the Z7. Z7 is part of the durability of Zaino system and when not used I believe it hurts the durability even though it still one of top in durability.

I think you are mistaken...It is not a wax at all. Here is the link I looked at:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-7&Category_Code=Zaino

BA_Titan
08-31-2006, 01:34 PM
May not be a "wax" but it clearly states it contains several ingredients from the "Show Car Polish"......

From the Zaino web site:

Z-7â„ Show Car Wash is a concentrated blend of special cleaners, conditioners and our famous Show Car Polish ingredients that clean and enhance the gloss of painted surfaces. Z-7â„ Show Car Wash gently cleans your car without using harsh detergents, alkali or acids. Plus, our special water-based lubricants buffer the paint to prevent scratching and reduce the risk of swirl marks, even on black and red cars.

Our unique formula produces loads of suds, even in hard water conditions. And, the suds last and last. With Z-7â„ Show Car Wash, you won`t have flat wash water before you`re finished washing your car.

To keep your car looking its best, Z-7â„ Show Car Wash includes Ultra-Gardâ„ UV(40), to renew protection from the sun`s harmful rays, and several polymer ingredients from our Show Car Polish systems. You will love the results.

imported_Bence
08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
A 5-year Ãbersealant will last good with periodic "conditioning" as well. ;) If Z7 beads like this (I`ve never used this), and includes UG40/polymers, then maybe it really adds something to the whole package. But using a W&W type product, a customer can be fooled thinking that he sees/feels the actual protection and beading of the initial sealant application, but in reality the W&W does its job. Obviously, having a great detergent proof sealant as a base helps a lot.

ZaneO
08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
The "protection" provided by Z7 isn`t likely to last more than a day on it`s own. I notice this with many quality washes.

FidoAUTO
08-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Sorry guys..... but the awesome beading happpened on the `dirty` surface as well, I also forgot to mention that the surface was as slick as the day I did it....

jmsc
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Did not know that about the Z-7 car wash. Thanks for the info.

imported_memnuts
08-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Zaino has a very comprehensive system, Starting with clay all the way to a spray sealant (Z8). Yes, Z7 aids in the maintenence of the in-place sealant but not at the expense of its cleaning ability. A wonderful combination.

Can Z7 used "alone" and provide any measureable protection? No, but it is sure nice to know that washing with Z7 also adds to the finish`s protection at the same rejuveniating the appearance via excellent cleansing. :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
08-31-2006, 06:49 PM
The "protection" provided by Z7 isn`t likely to last more than a day on it`s own. I notice this with many quality washes.

Usually the better washes to have some ability to make the paint bead but like you say, it isn`t something to rely on for protection.

imported_DennisH
08-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Can Z7 used "alone" and provide any measureable protection? No, but it is sure nice to know that washing with Z7 also adds to the finish`s protection at the same rejuveniating the appearance via excellent cleansing. :xyxthumbs

:nixweiss :nixweiss :nixweiss