PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Package for a Car in good condition...

playinJ30
08-31-2006, 01:13 AM
I`m looking for a reasonable combination of products that does not totally break the budget yet gets a very thorough job done.

I have one freshly painted BMW widebody, and one good condition BMW 5 series that will also be a mild show car.

I know that eventually I will upgrade to the highest level of detailing, but to buy all of those things at once is quite expensive.

I need suggestions for a full kit that does everything I need to do for these cars to have very good finishes for not too much dough.

Thanks,

Chase

former86camaro
08-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Check out Autogeek. I am very happy with everything I have used from Detailers Pride and Wolfgang.

Mach30SiR
08-31-2006, 10:03 AM
I`m looking for a reasonable combination of products that does not totally break the budget yet gets a very thorough job done.

Look up Duragloss - everything i`ve used i`ve liked except for the tar and bug cleaner (total crap)

former86camaro
08-31-2006, 10:06 AM
http://www.autogeek.net/wg6000.html

Got the above for my dad for Christmass... He has a 00 Silver Impalla and is very happy with it and the durability. He then tops it with Soverign in the liquid form and it looks and feels good.

imported_Neothin
08-31-2006, 11:48 AM
spend your money on washing supplies. a good number of sheepskins, a foam gun, good soap, etc etc. with a good wash technique, you won`t need the polishes in the first place!

Accumulator
08-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah, what Neothin said :xyxthumbs

I`d add a BHB to the mix :D but if you concentrate on the wash you can just use stuff like cleaner wax (with maybe a good LSP topper) and have a nice looking car without having to go overboard. It`s when you mar the paint up with the washes/etc. that the whole thing gets complicated.

You can put together what you need better and cheaper doing it yourself as opposed to buying what some vendor wants to lump together.

Here are *IMO* the bare essentials:

Foamgun with appropriate fittings, high-quality BHB, sheepskin mitts, good shampoo, WW MFs for drying, BHB for wheels, smaller BHBs for tight spots (Griot`s pn 15520), maybe a wheel/tire cleaner, mild cleaner wax with some slight corrective ability (e.g., 1Z metallic Polish, Meguiar`s Color-X, Klasse AIO, Autoglym SRP, etc.), Collinite for LSP, foam applicators and high-quality MFs, clay and lube, window cleaning stuff, interior cleaning/dressing stuff.