PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl CLeaners

Dan Clermont
08-30-2006, 08:40 PM
I have been using Mequiars #40 Vinyl Cleaner for the past year and have beenn quite happy with it. My spray bottle just ran out and I was wondering if their are any other great Mother`s Meguiars , Auto Glyn products out there. I was looking at the Vinylex Protectant product as I was going to order some Lexol Conditioner from www.CarCaresmart.com anyhow

Thanks

Dan CLermont

Driven-528e
08-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Top of the Line makes a great vinyl cleaner. It can be diluted to any desired strength. I highly recommend it. They also sell Lexol products if you are interested in the Lexol Conditioner. Try comparing their prices. The website is topoftheline.com

But, if you liked Meq #40, it can be found locally at lots of places and you could avoid shipping hassles.

abbeysdad
08-30-2006, 09:32 PM
For cleaning vinyl, I just put a little Woolite in a bucket with some water (although probably any diluted APC would work well). Anything stubborn, like say a scuff mark gets a shot of Simple Green APC or a rub with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I`ve heard good things about Vinylex, but it tends to be a bit shiney, which won`t matter in most places except maybe the dash where you don`t want a lot of reflection back to the windshield.

Somewhere either here or on Edmunds I learned about 303 Aerospace Protectant. I`ve used it on the vinyl and plastic for several vehicles now and it has me sold. It`s a subtle sheen that makes the vinyl look brand new, rather than dressed.