PDA

View Full Version : Long Haul Truck Gloss

mikebai1990
08-30-2006, 06:33 PM
I recently bought 2 bottles of the Long Haul QD after hearing good reviews from other autopians. Can any of you guys give a more in depth review, exploring the durability, shine, depth that this QD gives?

Since I was considering to do spit-shining using this QD, I`m also curious as to whether or not this QD has any cleaning ability which would deplete my last layer of wax.

Thanks for the help.

imported_truzoom
08-30-2006, 07:01 PM
I have used it quite a bit recently on some details and it works well. The sprayer head is trash, though, as a full squeeze gives you enough QD to work on 2 doors on the average sedan. The smell is a bit annoying after prolonged use-- almost a bit too perfumy for my nose.

As performance is concerned, it cleans well and leaves some shine, but not much slickness. I don`t really know what you mean by cleaning ability in relation to spit-shining, but I don`t think this is a QD to use for jobs that don`t involve just a MF and removing light dust. It just doesn`t seem versatile.

mikebai1990
08-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. I just used it today after washing, and I had similar experiences as you. At first, the smell was okay, not great, but after a while, the scent got annoying :) The slickness isn`t as good as a freshly waxed car, but it was better than after the wash. The shine is okay, not bad.