PDA

View Full Version : Safe to use SFX1 on yellow SFX1 pad?

THT
08-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Is it safe to use Sonus SFX1 on a yellow Sonus SFX1 pad and PC7424 set to 5? I will be doing an eight year old car that has never been detailed an on first inspection, the paint is has some pretty serious oxidation issues.

DrSauekraut
08-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Use your best judgment.

I’ve used SFX1 polish/pad to remove severe defects – PC and rotary alike.

imported_Dave KG
08-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I have used aggressive polishes and compound on the SFX-1 pad by PC before without problems. However, what I would recommend doing is, even though the swilrs look severe, starting with a less agressive combination on a test patch first to see if this will remove the swilrs. The paint may be very soft and only require a light abbrassive polish such as SFX-2 or Menzerna Final Finish on an SFX-2 pad. If this doesn`t work, then consider stepping up to more aggressive combinations.

I always do a test patch with a low abbrassive combination just to check to see if the paint responds. Many times I find myself reaching for a more aggressive combination, but sometimes the paint does turn out to be suprisingly soft and light abbrassives are all thats needed. A Honda Civic Type R was a recent example of this, in the UK newer Hondas seem to have very soft paint.