PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique Experience

Big Kahuna
03-31-2005, 05:29 AM
I`ve just used Leatherique for the first time and I like it.

I have a 1999 Buick Park Ave that sits uncovered on weekends. The leather was not cared for and was pretty dry and dirty. I`ve used Lexol cleaner and conditioner about six month prior. Lexol cleaner with a brush removed most, but not all the grime. The first application of Lexol Conditioner didn`t seem to make any difference. I applied a second application of Lexol Conditioner and it seemed to have made the leather softer. However, it left the leather with a slight discoloration and the felt like it had a protective film.

After purchasing a new vehicle, I researched for leather care products and decided on Leatherique. I tested it on my Buick first. I applied a generous amount of the Leatherique Oil on the seats and left it in the sun all day. Actually, 3/4 of the day as my home blocked the sun in the late afternoon. I used the Cleaner and to my surprise, it was much cleaner and brighter. It removed the tinted look Lexol had put on my leather. The leather was much softer. Actually, the seat with more direct sunlight had a much softer feel.

Since I`m in the restoration mode for the Buick, I`ll reapply Leatherique again this weekend and position the treated seats into as much direct sunlight.

I am very pleased with Leatherique. I Buick has light grey leather and I would imagine if I had a darker leather, I wouldn`t see the tint effect of Lexol. Maybe I applied Lexol incorrectly. I`m just a noob at this and I haven`t tried other leather products. I would appreciate anyone`s opinion on other products.

Focusedonsound
03-31-2005, 08:52 AM
I know these may seem like silly questions but

How does it smell?

How is the application steps and removal steps!

(I to am thinking about purchasing Leatherique) What was the tempeture out? Where do you live?

Lastly Do you have before and after pictures?

Big Kahuna
04-01-2005, 01:05 AM
It has a subtle smell of the oil. I had to place my nose up to the leather. Although, I don`t drive the car and I won`t know what impact it has with all windows up.

Applying and removal was effortless.

I live in Hawaii and I believe it was in the mid 80`s.

Sorry, no pics of before and after.

As I mentioned, the parts of the leather that was more in direct sunlight, seat portion, benefited the most. Much softer after than prior to treatment.

Hope this helps you. Again, I don`t know how this compares to other premium brands. Most will cleanse before condition.

My wife said it looks and feels much cleaner.

Hawaiianelement
04-01-2005, 01:11 AM
way to go Kahuna , you`ll be a pro in no time..
thanks for the review.

Aloha bra ,