PDA

View Full Version : New guy buying some stuff

road7
08-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I am just getting into detailing and will be getting a pc in about a week or so. I am wanting to buy some polishes to remove scratches along with heavy and light swirls. Also will be needing some wax. Currently i am looking at poorboys and einszett products. Do you guys have any suggestions?

imported_CDTGaticaW201
08-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Well...I don`t have a lot of experience with my PC seeing as how I just got my polishes/pads today, but I ordered the XMT Intermediate swirl remover kit from Pinnaclwax.com after hearing a few good things about it. It`s 69.99 and someone on here just posted a 20% off code with free shipping.

But yea, other than that I can`t really help you much, sorry.

imported_paradigm
08-28-2006, 09:09 PM
to begin your path...i recommend the following PB polishes to start:

SSR-2.5 for most swirl removal

SSR-1 for follow-up polishing after the SSR-2.5 does its job

pads: i use LC pads...you will want at least one orange and one white. a yellow if necessary for maximum cut...and the black for wax/finish application. i use the orange and white mostly so far.

i think the PB polishes are easy to learn with (that`s how i did) because they break down quickly and will dust a bit if you go too long. dusting is normally not a "good" thing, but i think it`s a good way to learn since the dust will remind you "hey...i`m done" or "i`m using too much product!"

Mach30SiR
08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
I just used my PC for the first time on sunday, and after many recommendations I went with the Optimum trio (OP, OC, and OHC), mainly because of their ease of use and long working time with out dust. I love the OHC so far, I`m having a hard time finding a niche for the OC?!?

corsa_sport
08-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Since you`re from California I suggest you visit ChemicalGuys headquarters :usa

Great stuff!!!

SpoiledMan
08-29-2006, 09:09 AM
If you`re interested in the 1Z goods, shoot me a PM. I have the 3 polishes and Glanz all pretty much full.

road7
08-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for everyones help. This is a great forum!