PDA

View Full Version : remove paste wax from container

AdrianStewart
08-28-2006, 10:13 AM
I know I saw this thread on here before, I`m sorry for asking the duplicate question.

I can`t surf too long at work!

how do I remove the paste wax from the container so it plops out like cake?

NattysBlue or P21S to use on the PC

thanks!

Bigpoppa3346
08-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Use a knife to cut around the inside edges and flip it upside down and the wax should come out.

firegate
08-28-2006, 03:23 PM
With P21S, it`s usually pretty loose in there anyway, so just turn it upside down over a ziploc bag and hit the bottom a couple times firmly and it should pop loose. Not sure if that works for nattys.

Jordan@DD
08-28-2006, 09:22 PM
im curious how you use it outside of the container. I know the natty`s container is too small to fit the applicator in.

AdrianStewart
08-29-2006, 06:56 PM
threadjacking myself ... but it will pertain

well... I`m officially SOLD on using the PC!

My apologies for not providing pictures, but I only did the hood and front qtr panels since I`m finally home long enough to do some work, now its raining...

So, I did use the normal 2 bucket wash method and followed up with a clay ... quick wash, then dry with a new waffle weave ( this ZWIPE THING SUCKS )anyway ...

I pulled out the ORANGE pad, opened the bottle of SSR2.5 ... I put a qtr size dab of product onto the pad, moved it around before turning on the PC ... started on #3, worked the product in, then gunned to 5 ... did 1/2 the hood before wiping off. EASY to wipe off, getting a bit excited that its smooth already! Finished the rest of the hood and 1/4s, then onto the SSR1 w/ white pad ... started same way, but bumped to speed 6 for the final pass... really looking smooth, finally came the Nattys Blue ...

I took a plastic knife, went around the edge and turned it upside down, voile! Cake popped out into my hand! Messy to a point, but still a solid cake. I have medical gloves to hold the cake with ... I rubbed the cake onto the black pad ( these are Lake Country ) and got some product onto the pad ... a little light, but OK for the first attempt! On speed 3.5ish, I went over the hood without pressure ... able to hold the wax and PC without worrying if one or the other will drop! Added more wax with the PC NOT running, did the front qtrs while holding wax, again ... fairly simple!

the attachment that came with the PC, white pad, was a quick change to add a MF bonnet onto for removing the wax ... wow, stunning shine and depth!

a few months ago, I used to think that I could "hang" with the big boys that used buffers while I did it by hand. WRONG! The pilot looks awesome with a PC! Most of the marks are GONE and the front is SMOOTH! I will have a few hours tomorrow to finish the rest of the car, then I`ll use some QD and snap a few pics ( neighbor will snap some with 5megapixel camera ) I`ll probably add a 2nd coat to the front ... I know it will never be perfect as a daily driver, but I`m happy!

The results are not night and day for the average joe`s naked eye ... but after learning the process and applying the proper techniques ... its gorgeous!

I know how I`m spending Labor Day, Avalanche will be poppin!

Next purchase for me: garage floor kit, a fresh coat of a wall paint, install overhead fluorescent lights, sorry its only a one car garage can`t go hog wild with lights.

SUGGESTIONS for floor kits or specific lights are welcome!

imported_Bence
08-29-2006, 08:24 PM
I alwas wonder why would people want to hold the wax itself?????

Just pop it out a bit then hold the jar! Why mess around with the wax??? I can`t imagine this task can be that challenging...

For tighter cans with an inner lip like for example Collinite 885, I press/crumple the pad laterally together until it fits into the tin, then a quick half-twist smears an optimal load`o wax onto the pad. Then I fit it on the machine and go.