PDA

View Full Version : Zaino On My BMW M6 2006, Advice Please!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Harry Houdini
08-26-2006, 02:16 AM
I finished today appling the Zaino Process,

Here is my steps that I used and I hope if someone can tell me if I

did something wrong,

Applied Bug & Tar remover to all of the lower panels of the car and front / rear,

Soaped up the car with Z-7 with Foam Gun and rinsed that with out touching

the paint, just to be safe :)

Washed the car with Z-7/Foam gun and MF towls "I forgot my sheepskin wash mitt at home :( "

I was also rinsing the MF towl in my rinse bucket that has grit gard at the bottom of it,

And then rinsed the car with water,

Using the foam gun I used DAWN dishwashing soap / with Pinccle ultra clay

as my paint is almost in perfect condition as far as contaminates "just some harsh parts

next to the wheels" and by doing that I was thinking it will really remove the old

wax`s and glazes since I am using DAWN as a lubricant for claybar!?

This process went with out any problems "some spots of clay on the windows that came

out with some pressure and glass cleaner"

Dried up the car with big blue towel,

Parked it inside the garage and started mixing Zaino,

The 2 ounce bottles, I filled one of them up with Z-5 and add ZFX 10 drops

as directed in the instructions.

Using a finishing pad with the PC I applied the first coat on the car

waited maybe 40 minutes in garage temperature "little humid"

while waiting I applied Collinite 476`s On all of the wheels.

Buffed the zaino off with my best MF towel I have with a mist of Z-6 on the towel

and the panel "I used to much Z-6 to be safe :2thumbs: "

And then I applied the second coat of Z-5 same thing waited around 40 minutes or less

while waiting I removed the Collinite 476s from the wheels inside / out.

Removed the Z-5 the same way with a clean MF towel and Z-6.

I am thinking of adding another coat of Z-5 ZFXed and a coat of Z-2 ZFXed tomorrow morning.

Did I do something wrong here or there? Please advice!

Thanks for the help much appreciated guys!

Edit: I still see some swirls, if I add another coat or 2 of Z-5 will it cover them before Z-2?

I could careless because the winter is coming soon so I am after durability as I will

be useing Z-8 allot in every week wash of my car, this will help Zaino hold up correct?

ararock1
08-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Let`s start at the end: "I still see some swirls." If you had swirls to start with, and you have a PC, I would use Zaino PC Fusion or some other very mild polish to deal with the swirl marks. Z5 does not remove swirls at all, and only hides them a little bit. Frankly, I can`t tell the difference between 5 and 2.

My second and third comment, based on my use of Zaino over the years, is that you are wasting time and product using a PC to apply Z5 or Z2 to the car. I think the consensus is that it`s faster and easier to apply it with a good sponge or MF applicator, and you use less of the Zaino.

As far as removing it, I have always used a dry MF or cotton towel; I don`t know why you would wet it with Z6 for this purpose. Instead, the recommendation (strong recommendation) of Zaino is to apply a coat of Z6 between any two coats of Z2 or Z5. I think you are just making extra work in wetting the towel you use to remove the dried Z5.

Next time, since you already have a PC, use it first to remove the swirl marks (and it will take off the Zaino also, of course), then apply 2 coats of Z5 and then 2 coats of Z2 (or more, if you want). I did that last spring on my black Lexus SC and the six year old car looks new. Even better than new.

wannafbody
08-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I don`t believe there is any issue with using a Z6 moistened towell for removal. It may help reduce micromarring on extremely soft paint.

Statman
08-26-2006, 09:21 AM
I have similar comments to squidd...first skip steps 1 & 2 (except maybe the bug/tar remover) if you are going to use dawn start there. If you have swirls remove them before applying Zaino (prep is everything). Do not use a PC to apply Zaino. Use Z6 (or I prefer Z8) BETWEEN coats. It is ok to slightly mist the MF, but the key is to apply it (lightly) between coats. I always use Z2Pro as the last coat (but I`m not sure there is much difference between Z5Pro and Z2Pro anymore). Oh yeah, I use Zaino on the wheels as well.

ZaneO
08-26-2006, 09:57 AM
If you used all 2 oz., that`s way too much. 1 oz. is good for 3 full coats.

Harry Houdini
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
If you used all 2 oz., that`s way too much. 1 oz. is good for 3 full coats.

More is better anyways, I like to see a thick coat of wax on the car to make

sure because the lightning in the garage was not that great,

I also did 2 coats with it and had a quarter of the product lift

Statman

I will do a wipe right now with Z-6 Followed buy Z-8,

I will also apply a coat of Z-5 and on top of it a coat of Z-2.

Thanks everyone

ZaneO
08-26-2006, 12:29 PM
More is better anyways

Not with Zaino. You keep asking questions and seeking advice, yet you argue with the answers you`re given.

Good luck to you.

imported_paradigm
08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
i used 1/2 oz for THREE layers of Z5 on my TL...had enough left over for the wheels and all exterior glass. i knew there was a complete coverage because i checked the paint w/ my halogens to ensure i wasn`t missing anything. this may be extreme, but definitely shows more is not better.

i do understand how it is easier to see where you`re putting it on if you slather it on there...but that also makes removal much harder (compared to effortless like Zaino should be).

remember that the layers are literally molecules in thickness...and i`m still not a believer in "layering" of a product vs. using multiple applications to get COMPLETE coverage of the paint surface.

ararock1
08-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Zaino is not wax; it is a polymer sealant, and needs only the thinest of coats.

More is not better with such products that work at the molecular level.

Harry Houdini
08-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Not with Zaino. You keep asking questions and seeking advice, yet you argue with the answers you`re given.

Good luck to you.

Argue?

I am not arguing but chill dude, if you don`t want to answer please do NOT.

Anyone else advice is appreciated.

Statman
08-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Harry as the others have said Zaino is a less is better product. Just do 3 coats (with sufficient time between) and use the z6 (Z8) mist between coats. Oh yeah and lets see some pics of that nice car!

dmxsoulja3
08-26-2006, 02:48 PM
lol ok regardless of how much you put on there thick or thin the same amount is going to theoretically stay behind on the paint itself..I think everyone is hung up on how much Zaino costs so its like oh thin and you get so many coats out of 1 oz and thats what makes it cost effective...the dude drives a 120k dollar car, how much he pays for Zaino probably doesn`t mean jack, if he uses to much he`ll probably still get the same results at a much steeper per use cost than someone who doesnt.

imported_paradigm
08-26-2006, 05:11 PM
it has nothing to do with affordability or cost per application...there is a right way...then there are other ways that "work", but take longer, etc. if you slather any product on you are just wasting your own personal time cleaning it off...and if the person values their own time then they don`t want to sit and buff off product all day when they could be doing something productive. i could care less how much the car costs...it`s all about common sense.

unless you buy an entire Zaino kit, it doesn`t cost any more than some of the other polymers...

ZaneO
08-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Argue?

I am not arguing but chill dude, if you don`t want to answer please do NOT.

Anyone else advice is appreciated.

I offered quality advice and said apply less - you said more is better. Like I said, good luck. :2thumbs:

Harry Houdini
08-26-2006, 06:47 PM
ZaneO

Well I was not saying It is better to apply more

but it is done and apllied "2 coats of Z-5"

oh and good luck to you 2...

I just found something really bad out,

My Z-5 dosen`t have a Pro in it!!!

This is extermly wired as I just ordered the full package for Zaino a month or so ago

Z-2 is a Pro Z-5 is not!

I am applying 2 coats right now of Z-2 Pro on the car "just did the first coat and

waiting for it to dry" as will as the wheels after collintie last night.

Is the regular Z-5 diffrent than the pro verison? in applecation or else?

Should I redo the hall process althought Z-5 was ZFXed?

I already did the first 2 coats of Z-5 last night should I order the new Z-5 pro

or with the application I am doing right now of Z-2 Pro ZFXed X2 is enough?