PDA

View Full Version : How to polish small spaces PC can`t reach?

gregh
08-25-2006, 10:10 PM
I`m wondering how to polish small spots I can`t get to with the PC, like inside the "H" emblem on the back of my wife`s Honda Pilot. There`s lots of exposed paint visible through the emblem. Can I use the polish I have by hand (Megs #83, #9, etc)? Using what applicator? Thanks.

Accumulator
08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I`m wondering how to polish small spots I can`t get to with the PC, like inside the "H" emblem on the back of my wife`s Honda Pilot. There`s lots of exposed paint visible through the emblem. Can I use the polish I have by hand (Megs #83, #9, etc)? Using what applicator? Thanks.

Yep! Anything that works by PC will work by hand (though it might take a bit of doing).

I can often get by with just using a plush MF, the nap gets into the tight spots pretty well. When that doesn`t work, I`ll find a way to work them using outside-the-box ideas: e.g., cotton makeup balls (ask your wife/GF or look in the cosmetics aisle) that I work with sharpened swab sticks. I apply a little polish and use the swab stick to rub the cotton ball into the tight corners (be careful the stick doesn`t cause marring).

Jesstzn
08-29-2006, 10:33 PM
I pulll a plush M/F over a 6" plastic school ruler I have .. seems to be firm enough to apply the pressure needed and flexible enough to get into tight spots ..

Ruler is also used in a M/F for vent cleaning and getting wax out of door jams etc

superstring
08-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Meg`s Scratch-X is specifically made for polishing small areas by hand. However I polished the hood scoop on my Subaru by hand with a MF applicator and #83. That worked REALLY well but took a bit of work! For the "H" badge on the Honda, I`d be inclined to try #83 (not #9) with a cotton swab, as Accumulator suggests, or even with your finger (no applicator).

gregh
08-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the info guys, as always much appreciated!