PDA

View Full Version : Is this true? Re: ZAINO

Pages : [1] 2

DrSauekraut
08-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Years of fighting the urge . . . no more! I’m proud to say that I recently obtained the Zaino collection (treat to myself – work hard, play hard). While there’s lots to learn, I read something of unusual interest - ‘Z5 Pro is the hot ticket for a swirl free, flawless paint finish.’ ‘1 to 3 coats is all it takes.’ Is this true? Can hours of laborious and pain-staking polishing, be completely eliminated (hidden, filled) with a magical bottle of Z-5?

Regardless . . . I’m really looking forward to giving this a go :spot

Scottwax
08-25-2006, 07:47 PM
If you don`t polish the paint as swirl and defect free as possible, then no wax or sealant will magically make it perfect.

DrSauekraut
08-25-2006, 09:11 PM
No, I have every intention to continue polishing . . . however, reading this line made wonder if there’s any validity to it. I guess we’ll find out.

imported_Picus
08-25-2006, 09:19 PM
The new Z5pro is much better at filling than the old one; not only that but the filling remains for a longer period. That said, I would equate it`s filling ability to NXT; good, but not "amazing miraculous results".

wannafbody
08-25-2006, 09:56 PM
it will fill very light micromarring.

former86camaro
08-25-2006, 10:21 PM
When I used z5 Pro filling was a joke to even be mentioned on the bottle.

Beason
08-25-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah dont use Z5 pro if ur using if for filling properties, it has some but barely mentionable.

dogma
08-26-2006, 06:57 AM
I disagree. I think Z5 was great at creating an almost perfect finish especially on black( when car is properly polished and some imperfections are left). I also feel Z5 pro is way better than Z5. That being said for swirlsthat can`t be rubbed out use ZPC , FPII or #80.

JJUACC
08-26-2006, 07:41 AM
There is no panacea. You still have to do the prep-work like any other product.

It all depends upon the current condition of your paint and how you maintain the paint with Zaino. If you have too many swirls, Z-5Pro won`t help you. You`ll have to start with the ZPC product unless your finish is "REALLY" bad. It`s hard to evaluate anything over the Internet.

I`ve seen some cars that look like they were polished with steel wool. In cases like that all you can do is find a good painter and start over.

I`m going to presume that your situation is not the "steel wool" situation and there is still hope.

Make sure you have some good towels on hand when buffing. The main culprit to swirls that I`ve found is "crappy" towels.

If you like cotton, get SUPIMA "made in the USA"-type.

If you like microfiber, DO NOT go to WALMART and pick up the "$10 for 10 towel" special. Go with a PAKSHAK or a NEATITEMS.COM thick towel.

I`ve found that you`ll "max out" your shine between 4 and 6 coats.

imported_memnuts
08-26-2006, 07:55 AM
If a good glaze has not hidden all your previous paint prep blemishes, you will be disappointed with Z5PRO. Equate Z5PRO as a sealant glaze and protectant.

Prep your paint well and Z5PRO will give you a flawless appearance in most lighting conditions. The blemishes are there but less apparent optically by filling and reducing the distortion caused but surface imperfection.

After converting to sealants the inability to glaze after prep has forced me to develop better paint prepping skills. This is/was a good thing. Eliminating blemishes is always better that temporarily hiding them. With Z5PRO I now have a glaze-like protectant that in combination with a more meticulous prep results in a fantastic and apparently flawless appearance. :getdown

Knockwurst, I believe you will be very pleased after your prep with Z5PRO`s abilities. :2thumbs:

DETAILKING
08-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Wherd Z5 really shines is after you polish your car to a flawless finish, and apply a few coats of sealant for protection. Then, most future swirls from improper towling,etc, are actually not in the paint but in the sealant layer, and a fresh coat of Z5 works wonders for this.

Mobilejay
08-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I did an entire 13 step process on a friends step dads lotus and he was absolutly amazed with the turn out but i wasnt. not knocking zaino cause i love it but i couldnt get out all of the swirls, now i did get out a lot of them but not quite all of them. it might have just been that i was working on the car for 9 hours straight(just the outside) i dont know. another thing is that the car was so damn slick bugs probably wouldnt be able to land on it.

BEFORE http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/jc10/3d6d0a71.jpg AFTER http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/jc10/59b2f79f.jpg BEFORE http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/jc10/8e66800b.jpg AFTER http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/jc10/2417eade.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/jc10/41ed1a34.jpg

EricDawg
08-28-2006, 02:07 AM
I bought it all thinking it would do what it says, and the swirls in my black paint are still there. I like the Z-2, wash, tire cleaner, Z-6, and Z-8, and even the Z-5.... it all turned out pretty slick and shiny... but not swirls free like I was all excited about. The Z-PC did a good job on the swirls, and some haziness... but it`s abrasive... so.. you know.

Scottwax
08-28-2006, 09:07 AM
MobileJay-what were your 13 steps? Did they include any deep polishing?

Scottwax
08-28-2006, 09:09 AM
I bought it all thinking it would do what it says, and the swirls in my black paint are still there. I like the Z-2, wash, tire cleaner, Z-6, and Z-8, and even the Z-5.... it all turned out pretty slick and shiny... but not swirls free like I was all excited about. The Z-PC did a good job on the swirls, and some haziness... but it`s abrasive... so.. you know.

If Z-PC left some hazing, you probably need to finish it off with something like Menzerna FPII and a Z7 wash before moving on to Z2 and Z5.