PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Insert Prep??

FAST SVT
08-24-2006, 01:51 AM
I bought some bumper inserts for my car. I need to prep the paint so they will adhere properly. I just finished detailing the car. You guys think rubbing alcohol will be enough to eat through everything?? :spot

I.A.S.
08-24-2006, 01:59 AM
i guess what i dont understand is how there is so many layers of product on your vehicle....

first polish should be taken off a vehicle, it doesnt stay on there....now i can understand multiple layers of sealant but why a glaze and 2 wax?......you would use one and not another....it is impossible to have multiple coats of wax because wax will remove wax so every time it is applied it will remove the old layer....

not trying to be a smarta**, just curious here?....

as far as your question goes....yes rubbing alcohol should be fine....

FAST SVT
08-24-2006, 04:00 AM
i guess what i dont understand is how there is so many layers of product on your vehicle....

first polish should be taken off a vehicle, it doesnt stay on there....now i can understand multiple layers of sealant but why a glaze and 2 wax?......you would use one and not another....it is impossible to have multiple coats of wax because wax will remove wax so every time it is applied it will remove the old layer....

not trying to be a smarta**, just curious here?....

as far as your question goes....yes rubbing alcohol should be fine....

I am aware of all that. I was just trying to make the point that the paint is fully detailed and protected. I`ll edit for clarity. :2thumbs:

I used RMG, EX-P, and Natty`s in that order allowing sufficient time for everything to cure before the next product/coat. RMG under EX-P is a combo that is used by a lot and doesn`t seem to dimish durability or have any real bonding issues. I know not all waxes are layerable, but a carnuba like Natty`s can be layered like most other paste waxes since they lack any "real" solvents.