PDA

View Full Version : white paint problems...

mattz
08-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Alright, I just got an 04 honda accord thats white in color. We got the car down in florida, and I have a feeling it was sitting outside for quite a while, because it seems like there is a light haze of dirt on the truck area, some rain drops embedded in the paint etc. The hood also looks pretty worn too. Anywho, I thought using a clay bar would surely clean it up, so I tested out a part on the trunk with some old clay I had in the garage and it didnt do anything.... any tips?

Also, is anyone in the arkansas area by chance?

Joshua312
08-23-2006, 05:58 PM
When you say old clay...was it still packaged...Was it dirty?

My best guess is your going to need a designated paint cleaner, Clean the car really good, clay, and apply some colorX to the areas. If you`re not looking for defect removal just cleaning it up nicely this should work...any pictures by chance?

mattz
08-23-2006, 06:03 PM
I`ll see if I cant snap some pictures tonight and try to get some of what im talking about.

The clay was packaged, but it was soft cause it`s probably been in the garage for over a year, opened. Is Colorx a paint cleaner?

Joshua312
08-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Yep, ColorX is a paint cleaner -- Also Mothers Pre-Wax Cleanera would also work

mattz
08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks brother. Anyone else suggestions? I`d almost rather have a pro do it, but I don`t trust the shops arund here