PDA

View Full Version : too much washsoap more potent to remove protection?

joyriide1113
03-29-2005, 10:48 PM
i dont quite remember how i got this idea in my head. i think it was reading a post where some had used souveran and then washed 4 days later with more soap than usual and said he felt he loist protection because of it. can too much soap in the bucket cause the wash soap to be too strong for the car. just a question. its never been talked about here or questioned soo its probably ok but can it? i mean. i never eally measure how much i put and either way i make sure to get some more on my wash mitt for added lubrication. oh by the way the only soap i use is GC or NXT. havent tried any boutique soaps yet.

Thomas Dekany
03-29-2005, 11:23 PM
I noticed that after using NXT wash my paint felt very "dry" but in 2 days it was back to being very slippery. (I had 3 coats of FK1 Pink wax on top of 2 coats of sealants). It doesn`t make sense to me, but that is what happend.
I use NXT on client`s cars to get them real clean. On my car I use FK1`s shampoo.

Boss_429
03-30-2005, 06:01 AM
Some "strong" car washes, if used to heavy, can remove some waxes......... at least to a degree. For example, Zaino Z7 if used just slightly heavy, will completely strip just about any carnauba wax......... at least from what I`ve seen. Gold Class is fairly strong car wash too.

Always mix your car wash as directed. Don`t just drop a big "glob" into the bucket.

kimwallace
03-30-2005, 07:39 AM
Many times too much soap in the wash can keep it from rinsing completely off the finish. So when you dry there is actually a film left on the paint.

Poorboy
03-30-2005, 08:20 AM
:yeah mixing a quality wash correctly that is meant to be Ph balanced(not strip) will help prolong your LSP, mixed incorrectly it will probably throw off the Ph :hippi

JaredPointer
03-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Many times too much soap in the wash can keep it from rinsing completely off the finish. So when you dry there is actually a film left on the paint.

What KW said.

joyriide1113
03-30-2005, 12:09 PM
thanks guys... any particular way u guys know exactly how much to put?

CharlesW
03-30-2005, 12:22 PM
thanks guys... any particular way u guys know exactly how much to put?An empty Dawn bottle, (used for washing dishes:)), with the pour top works good for me.
I measured and marked the bottle at 1 oz. increments with a felt tip marker. While it takes a few minutes to mark the bottle the first time, it was time well spent for me. Fill it with your shampoo and keep it in your wash bucket.
After I used it for a short time, I kind of learned how much of a squeeze gave me an oz. and the marks probably are no longer necessary.:dunno

Charles

rabbi
03-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I use a one ounce glass measuring glass it measures tsp. and 1/4 ounces.

Eliot Ness
03-30-2005, 09:44 PM
thanks guys... any particular way u guys know exactly how much to put?
I`ve got some two and three ounce bottles I use. Since I use 1 1/2 gallons of water with QEW I need 1 1/2 oz of QEW. Rather than measure it by the cap I put a mark on a three ounce bottle and that gives me two washes.

For SS&S I use one ounce, so I put a mark on a two ounce bottle and get two washes out of that. Just makes it easier for me to measure that way.

PakShak also sells an empty MF detergent bottle that would make measuring fairly easy:

http://www.pakshak.com/twin-neck-bottle-16oz.html

abain
03-30-2005, 11:40 PM
PakShak also sells an empty MF detergent bottle that would make measuring fairly easy:

http://www.pakshak.com/twin-neck-bottle-16oz.html

Those bottles are great. I use them for QEW and Poorboys SSS.