PDA

View Full Version : SFX regimen; need help w/ order of polishing

THT
08-22-2006, 06:16 PM
My car has never been machine polished. I have recently purchased a PC7424, two sets of SFX pads, SFX-1, SFX-2, Paintwork Cleanser, Swirlbuster (and SB pad). I have recently clayed my car and it`s currently protected by Z2 Pro. Here are my plans so far which I need your advice on:

1. Wash with Z7

2. Polish w/ SFX-1 on SFX-1 pad

3. Polish w/ SFX-2 on SFX-2 pad

3a. Polish w/ ZPC on SFX-2 pad (only if necessary)

4. Polish w/ Swirlbuster on SB pad

5. Paintwork Cleanser on SFX-3 pad

6. Z2 Pro (w/ ZFX and Grand Finale)

Everything would be buffed off with a microfiber bonnet on an SFX-3 pad. My biggest question is the ordering between Swirlbuster and Paintwork Cleanser.

THT
08-24-2006, 08:17 PM
No one has any advice?

imported_hadboosttroy
08-25-2006, 03:30 AM
You have quite a mix (a good one at that!) of polishes and pads there. if you had some pictures or a detailed description of your paint, we could help you more.

from what you listed, I can definetly say to remove the zpc from the steps as it is not necessary. you may wish to start in with the sfx2 polish depending on the condition of the paint. sfx2 with a sonus green pad works wonders on pretty neglected paint for me, the sfx1 may be overkill. finish with sfx3 if you wish. I have not yet tried swirlbuster. you may wish to use ONLY that, as I hear it works really well.

SVR
08-25-2006, 05:36 AM
My car has never been machine polished. I have recently purchased a PC7424, two sets of SFX pads, SFX-1, SFX-2, Paintwork Cleanser, Swirlbuster (and SB pad). I have recently clayed my car and it`s currently protected by Z2 Pro. Here are my plans so far which I need your advice on:

1. Wash with Z7

2. Polish w/ SFX-1 on SFX-1 pad

3. Polish w/ SFX-2 on SFX-2 pad

3a. Polish w/ ZPC on SFX-2 pad (only if necessary)

4. Polish w/ Swirlbuster on SB pad

5. Paintwork Cleanser on SFX-3 pad

6. Z2 Pro (w/ ZFX and Grand Finale)

Everything would be buffed off with a microfiber bonnet on an SFX-3 pad. My biggest question is the ordering between Swirlbuster and Paintwork Cleanser.

Nice choice of gear there

This is the order I would have it in

1. Wash with Z7

2. Polish w/ sfx 2 with sfx 2 pad

(if this doesn`t do the job, move up to sfx 2 with sfx 1 pad and only use sfx 1 with sfx 1 pad if absolutely necessary.

3. Finish with sfx 3 on sfx 3 pad

4. Z2 pro

Then preventative maintenance

Wash car with Z7 with two or three bucket method using as many wash mitts and drying towels as you wish (better to do so)

spray grand finale on wet car and dry with WW towel

Z2 pro the wheels

Use paintwork cleanser to remove any swirls or marks

best to live with some swirls and marks and polish less often than maintain a swirl less perfect paint job