PDA

View Full Version : Applying wax by hand?

Mr.Dan
08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
What does `thin` mean/look like, when applying wax?

I usually apply wax by hand, and i never go over the same spot twice. Is that the correct way of applying wax? Does anyone have a pic of what a `thin` layer of wax look like before it is buffed off?

the other pc
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I don`t have a picture I can show you but it probably wouldn`t be visible if I did anyway. It should look like a hazy, translucent film and have no ridges, blobs or any features that visibly suggest thickness in any way.

It`s pretty much impossible to make it too thin. If you apply too little you`ll get uneven coverage, missing some spot and getting others.

It`s important to get even and complete coverage so you`ll get best results going over any point at least twice. That`s why you overlap passes by half a pad width when using a buffer. The same goes for hand application.

PC.

Mr.Dan
08-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok thanks! Just trying to polish up my techniques!

Saleenman607
08-22-2006, 04:51 PM
I tried using my hand with P21S and Souveran, but found using the foam applicator pad that came with the product MUCH more effective. Not to mention cost effective as well!! You can apply a much thinner coat with the pad..... JMO

Regards.......

Wasatch
08-22-2006, 06:32 PM
I apply everything by hand, it`s probably time consuming, but what can I say, LOL