PDA

View Full Version : Zymol at Big Lots

Pages : [1] 2

Kaiten
08-21-2006, 04:30 PM
I was up at Big Lots today looking at some more of their Meguiar`s brushes and found some Zymol Detail spray for $2.99 a bottle, not bad. I`ve never used this, but I have tried other Zymol products and at $2.99 I couldn`t resist buying it.

http://www.vertar.com/uploads/images_products_large/163.jpg

imported_FJF
08-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I bought some, too. Used it on my wife`s car after a wash. I looked great for $2.99.

armoredsaint
08-21-2006, 05:44 PM
I had a bottle of that 3 years ago from Target, used it on my black Audi TT and it smears and streaks badly. I think it is made by Turtle Wax. IMHO stay away unless you are using it for a junker :D

Milestones
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Zymol - pimpin out their good name for the cheap stuff.........

Jetbo
08-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Did you happen to see any Long Haul truck products there? The last time I was at the Lots, a few weeks ago I got two 28oz truck gloss ds for $3 each along with two truck degreaser. They are both great. As for the Zymol if you find you dont like it you can always use it for clay lube :think2

abbeysdad
08-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I bought some, too. Used it on my wife`s car after a wash. I looked great for $2.99.

Why would you use a quick detail product after a wash? I mean if you washed and dried the car, you shouldn`t need a quick detail ... right? (Not to be confused with a spray wax)

Disclaimer: I have to say the QD products I`ve seen seem like nothing more than scented water and I`m not sure I`d use the stuff for anything more than bird dropping removal - better of leaving the dirt on there than scraping it off doing a "QD".

(A QD recipe might go something like 1 tsp high quality car wash shampoo, 1 tsb. spray wax, 20oz distilled water)

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Why would you use a quick detail product after a wash? I mean if you washed and dried the car, you shouldn`t need a quick detail ... right?

Many Autopians use a QD after washing to remove any water spots from the wash and restore gloss and slickness.

Kaiten
08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Yea i`ve have now heard that it smears, so if it does I will take jetbo`s idea of using it for clay lube.

mikebai1990
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I don`t think regular car shampoo is a good formula for a QD. In theory, a QD is supposed to "encapsulate" dirt particles. Then, a swipe of the MF can remove the dirt. Unlike a QD, however, a car shampoo will not do very well if it dries on the paint surface :) Therefore, I would still say that QD`s somewhat different compared to car shampoo+water. However, I have to say that also don`t use QD very often because I`m usually too lazy to QD it every 2 days. I would rather wash the car every week and guarantee that there will be little to no swirl marks made by the QD.

imported_hooked
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Manufacturers that make a "system" of products position their QD`s as a means to freshen up their Sealant products. So to QD after a wash helps perk up the slickness/beading of the LSP.

Pennypacker
08-21-2006, 11:23 PM
To me, using a quality QD like Quickshine or 425 after a wash adds a level of glossiness/shine that isn`t there with just a wash alone. If I have time, I do it. I usually won`t though if I use ONR or 1Z Perls since they have QD-like enhancing characteristics "built-in."

lbls1
08-21-2006, 11:33 PM
That`s a great bargain. It is one of my favorite QD`s.

Ben Kenobi
08-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Many Autopians use a QD after washing to remove any water spots from the wash and restore gloss and slickness.

That`s what I do Mike, it does help remove any water spots. I do find it adds back the slickness and gloss to the paint. They Zymol QD is decent stuff and is made by TW, I`ve heard it referred to as Zyrtle! :) The Long Haul Truck Gloss (QD) is really good stuff and a bargain at $3 compared to the Zymol for a smaller bottle at $2.99

3Dog
08-22-2006, 08:44 AM
The Zymol QD is on the Zymol website....other than forum rumors why would it be stated that it is made by Turtle Wax?

DrSauekraut
08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Why would you use a quick detail product after a wash? I mean if you washed and dried the car, you shouldn`t need a quick detail ... right? (Not to be confused with a spray wax) . . .

To prevent the off-chance of marring while drying, added depth and gloss, reduce the incidence of water spots, eliminate static, improve slickness, extend the performance of sealant or wax . . .