PDA

View Full Version : best wax for wholesale?...

Pages : [1] 2

Envious Eric
08-21-2006, 12:07 PM
in terms of looks, and durability and ease of application...something that looks like a carnauba, protects longer than 6 weeks, and is a wipe on wipe off product being applied by both hand and PC!

oh and it has to be sold in gallons or 5 gallons

thanks

Mach30SiR
08-21-2006, 12:25 PM
AW or OCW - both are spray and should last and will be easier to apply since its a wipe on and wipe off.

both are sold by the gallon - and i`m sure if you contact the manufactor they can hook you up with a 5 gallon-er

Envious Eric
08-21-2006, 12:43 PM
OCW over something like liquid wax from meguiars - something that you have to apply with either an applicator/pad??????????

jdlierle
08-21-2006, 04:01 PM
UPP at 64oz (you only use a VERY little, so it goes a long way) $55

Megs 21 64oz 42.99

Duragloss 105 TPP Gallon $56.75 ($5.00 shipping)

Duragloss AquaWax Gallon $26.85

This is list price without any discounts.

I haven`t tried the Megs 21, but it is similiar to NXT. The UPP goes on so easily and removes so easily, and you virtually have to put on 3/4 less product than NXT (maybe less) that it is actually costs less in the end than most LSPs, and it saves you time in applying and removing. Plus it doesn`t stain black trim. I haven`t used TPP, so I don`t know how easy it is to use. Aqua Wax was great to use, but I am not sure that is a stand alone product (3 months). I like NXT, but not as much as UPP.

The duragloss is supposed to be combined with PBA (bonding agent) and also have 3 coats with 12 hours between them for ultimate gloss. If it was up to me, and it was about cost and speed, hands down it would be UPP with one coat. (Costs include time of using product, amount of product you use, and the actual product cost). Also the UPP gives awesome results. But I bet Megs and Duragloss give UPP a run for their money if you give them 2 or more coats. All 3 products would be good choices. But UPP would be my choice, and your customers would love the appearance and slickness!

PS AW and OCW are similiar in that they are spray waxes. Both are great products and would give you 6 weeks or more in protection by hand. They would be great for maintaining cars after a major detiail IE full pc polish and wax. But if your customers only want to pay for a quickie detail, I am sure either AW or OCW would provide shine and protection for over 6 weeks. AW can be done on a wet or dry car, you can do a car in less than 10-15 minutes. Easier than washing a car. Pick some up. Inexpensive bottle.

Envious Eric
08-21-2006, 04:13 PM
sorry i didnt mention it, but I have a gallon of it that I use regularly on my truck and friends cars and customers after a detail session....but I havent heard anything about it being a stand alone LSP!

is OCW a stand alone that I can use on cars that get washed weekly and waxed every two month, not monthly, or should I get something like the UPP stuff? because I love the ease of use with OCW.....and the shine is really good....

if OCW can be used as a stand alone, then I can essentially get cars done in about 30 minutes and get 120 an hour!!!!

racingbeat
08-21-2006, 04:40 PM
That huge tin of FK Pink Wax has to be enough for every car in a shopping Mall parking lot!

Very durable since its a synthetic.

EBPcivicsi
08-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Wouldn`t you want something with a fairly strong cleaner in it?

IMO, #66 would be the wax of choice...

Envious Eric
08-21-2006, 04:50 PM
IMO, not all cars need 66, some just need a good wax layer for protection....

doing a car with 66 takes me alone about 2 hours to work it in like a polish and finish off the rest of the car....I am looking for something that can be a "wowo" product, not something time consuming....if the car needs a product like 66, then I can sell that at a later date to the customer.

I am not doing whole sale work for a dealership, used car place, etc. Its a different avenue of work that I am going to pitch to some places for wash and wax deals only!, not full details...customers can book an appointment for a full detail, but "not at this location" type of thing, those details will be done on the weekends or on different days!

imported_Larry A
08-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Megs #66 with AW over it .You would have your cake and eat it.

Envious Eric
08-21-2006, 06:19 PM
ok lets put it this way...if you had to wash and wax 30 cars a day, what wax would be your go to wax.....all 30 in about 6 hours! with 6 helpers...not wash and deep clean paint, no polishing, nothing being worked into the paint, just something to make it shine and protected, what would be your wax????

EBPcivicsi
08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
ok lets put it this way...if you had to wash and wax 30 cars a day, what wax would be your go to wax.....all 30 in about 6 hours! with 6 helpers...not wash and deep clean paint, no polishing, nothing being worked into the paint, just something to make it shine and protected, what would be your wax????

That changes things totally. IMO, there is only one option for this--OCW.

imported_Larry A
08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
A few companys make a Express Wax. Ocw or AW should also work .

jdlierle
08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Forget Duragloss 105, UPP, Megs 21.

You might check out Chemical guys at http://www.chemicalguys.com/default.asp and check out their products. They offer a variety of products that might suit your needs perfectly.

You are not looking for the autopian finish, but a good looking finish that the majority of customers want to pay for, which in the business word is probably better than the autopian approach.

The majority of people wouldn`t even notice swirls, let alone the difference between a good polish/LSP and a superior polish, let alone pay for someone for the skill to do the work and ti,e it takes on a car. It`s fun to make a car flawless, but if you do it for a living, the name of the game is too put as much $ in your pocket.

Let me know what you come up with. Although my clients are more into the complete polish, I might expand into mini details and see if I make more $ for less work.

Solo Cali
08-21-2006, 10:58 PM
A few companys make a Express Wax. Ocw or AW should also work .Stoner has an Express Wax, works great. Meg`s also has a Express Wax. Between those two I prefer the Meg`s. It goes on much easier and comes off with ease as`well. This is no joke, but Meg`s Color "X" is another cheep route to take, and works just fine for those wash and wax deals. By the way what are you guy`s charging for a wash and wax, for let`s say a 04` Nissan Titian(black)

Where do I find OCW?

Scottwax
08-21-2006, 11:13 PM
That changes things totally. IMO, there is only one option for this--OCW.

Agreed, and it definitely has a carnauba glow.