PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend is no longer a "hater" of my detailing stuff.

spartacus_33
08-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Ever since I joined the "obsession" here.... my gf has been a bit jealous of how I primp over my bimmer. She refers to my cabinet in the garage as "The Million Dollar Cabinet".

Well, that all changed on Saturday......

We were having a BBQ and were expecting about 25 friends/family to show up.

She noticed really bad water spots :hairpull on the deck table (glass inserts)........

I gave her my bottle of distilled vinegar/distilled water and a mf towel and said, "try this".

No luck......

I said, "OK....... let me have a stab at it". I got out my PC 7424 a white pad and a bottle of Sonus SFX-1....... after about 10 minutes....... whala...... looked brand new. No more spots! :waxing:

It almost "killed her" to smile and say thank you........... :woot2:

gmblack3
08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
That is a cool and funny story!

Mikeyc
08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Haha!! I have the same problem. My GF is always complaining that I clean my car too much. But, when it`s her car getting detailed or washed she`s REAL happy about it.

imported_Picus
08-21-2006, 10:34 AM
It only gets better. Stainless steel appliances, glass top stoves, any laquer in the house, mirrors, glass, carpet cleaning; soon it will all shiver as you approach...and so will your girlfriend! :D

mblgjr
08-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Mine hates it too, but REALLY likes to have her car clean now.

I bought her a lint roller (she has a black interior) to use; now she uses it all the time and loves not having the dirt/lint in the car.

Guy
08-21-2006, 02:25 PM
My wife is happy that I got into this, basically because I sold my car and this is much cheaper as a hobby. And on the plus side I`ve paid for everything by doing details for other people. Also I`m in the garage and she always knows where I`m at, plus her car always looks nice!

velobard
08-21-2006, 03:06 PM
My wife tolerates my hobby well enough, but I think her appreciation for what I`ve accomplished took a small leap last week. I got my car back from the body shop after a paint job and when she saw the car she squinted and looked it over well before getting in, saying, "I guess no one else really does polish the car as well as you." The average person on the street would probably be thrilled with how a car looks with fresh paint, but she could see the difference caused by the light rotary holograms and swirls.

imported_CBX Carl
08-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I find that attitudes really change when you do that free detail for someone.

Imagine that :).

Just02
08-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Awesome! Clear glass :spot

Just wanted to say hi from Vancouver, WA, too. *points at your info*