PDA

View Full Version : OP and Rotary

EdLancer
08-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Tried OP(new formula) on a my Hitachi rotary on a 7.5" LC 670 VC pad and I think I just found my go to polish for the rotary. Normally I avoided using the rotary due to the short working time of the polish. OP just glides on like butta, limited splatter and very forgiving in creating holograms and swirls. I believe this is because the abrasives never break down as they are encapsulated in a polymer, while regular polish has a abrasive stage before breaking down and if your pad is not flat at the abrasive stage, you will dig in and get the holograms. I also noticed when washing my pads that it left an oily residue, I think this is the same polymer that is used in ONR.

I find that applying the polish to the pad like on the PC is easier than applying the polish to the paint. The pad seems to glide much betters this way. Chime in on your polishing applying techniques. :waxing:

imported_smprince1
08-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Do you find OP has enough cut to correct medium/heavy spider-webbing with the rotary?

EdLancer
08-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Do you find OP has enough cut to correct medium/heavy spider-webbing with the rotary?

I tried it with a white polishing pad to get rid of light to moderate swirls and it work well with only 1-2 passes, but it might be more agressive with a yellow cutting pad. I like it the way it is because it is as forgiving as a PC on a rotary and I can polish the car much faster with the rotary especially when doing the roof which I dispise.