PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Acrylic Jacket

jbe90
08-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I haven`t been able to find much feedback on Menzerna`a AIO called Acrylic Jacket. I did see one review, but was a little surprised at the lack of feedback, especially since it appears that the Werkstatt AIO and Klasse AIO are so popular.

Based largely on the review of the website where I ordered it, I ordered some Acrylic Jacket as I was told it was a better product than KAIO. I plan on washing, claying, applying the Acrylic Jacket, and then topping with PB`s Natty`s Blue. I have a jet black 330i. I`m no veteran in detailing and would love some feedback on the products I have ordered, especially any responses from those who have used Menzerna Acrylic Jacket.

I`m a bit concerned about staining trim with this product--should I tape first? Also, I have some "spider web" swirls; will the Acrylic jacket remove most of these, or should I use dedicated polish of some kind?

3Dog
08-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Menz AJacket is a mix of FPII/FMJ (per CMA). Slight micromarring can be removed.

Black being Black I would two step it. But test an area and see your results.

cwcad
08-19-2006, 08:48 PM
From what I remember of the product their own website said it will stain trim For that reason alone I do not use the product. But if you must then I would tape the trim.

Buzz78
08-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I`ve used it and it works ok I applied it with a pc i am waiting to see how long it lasts Zymol cleaner wax works better at removing the marring and it feels better

TGates
08-20-2006, 11:06 AM
I`d feel more comfortable using Prime Acrylic.

DrSauekraut
08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
I’m not a fan . . . Acrylic Jacket flashes too quickly and doesn’t provide enough time or bite to remove light defects. However, it does remedy marring - swirls are completely out of the question. Acrylic Jacket will also haze on dark colors, especially in hot/humid climates. Considering the time I polished per panel, it takes way too long and my end result was mediocre.

As a one-step, I’d suggest either Prime Strong or FK215.

Good luck :waxing:

jbe90
08-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks to all for the responses. I wish I would have asked the question before I ordered the product :mad: I spoke with the people where I ordered it and they made it sound like the greatest product out there; calling it "Klasse AIO on steroids." Oh well, I already made the purchase, so I`ll just have to see how it goes.