PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use spray sealants after every wash?

Pages : [1] 2

shortspark
08-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I usually AIO/SG my truck twice a year and QD after every wash. I have used a variety of QDs but find that Poorboys SW or Duragloss FCS is all I need for light clean-ups. Then, I often go over those with FK425 or AquaWax. After a full wash or shampoo, I`ll often use something like Wolfgang Spritz or Menzerna HGAS or, again, AquaWax. These I consider to be more acrylic/polymer "toppers" than normal QDs.

But now I am wondering. Some of those products like Menzerna and Wolfgang are about as expensive as a sealalnt such as Werkstatts Jett. If I am going to spray something on a perfectly clean car, why not use something like Trigger and apply it like I do the QDs and "toppers"? The "toppers" usually have some of the LSP in it anyway (eg, HGAS has some FMJ in it and I bet Sonus has some diluted SG). Why not go full boat and just apply coat after coat of sealant after a complete wash since the car is as clean as it can be? Could it be that this would create a problem over time with too many layers? Would it then require a lot more work to clean with something like AIO?

EBPcivicsi
08-18-2006, 03:27 PM
I use Z8 after every wash on my wife`s car. My beater was waxed in Feb with #26 and gets WAUD, OCW, or AW after every wash--holding up like a champ.

TigerMike
08-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Before I started testing DG 105 TPP, I used AW after every wash. After I conclude my testing of the 105, I will again predominantly use AW after every wash. It`s just a great way to boost shine to that "just polished" look and ensure that the car will always have great beading and protection. AW is so easy to use, there`s just no reason not to use it.

It`s not that you can have too many layers of sealant, it`s just that I personally do not have the time to apply a coat of 105 after every wash. (You know the wife demands most of my time :D). 1 coat of polish for me = at least another 1-2 hours of applying, buffing, QDing...versus 1 (or more) coats of AW = 10 minutes tops. And, to be honest, the AW looks and feels every bit as good as a full coat of 105 polish, so again, there`s just no reason not to on the AW.

Sealant layers are measured at the molecular level, and there`s just no way you could build up enough of any sealant that some abrasive polish couldn`t easily take care of.

Milestones
08-18-2006, 03:44 PM
I`ve been spraying on either a home-brew booster sealant (2/3 water and 1/3 Klasse SG) or Sonus AG at least every other week after washing.

This is over a base of AIO and SGx3.

It seems to help keep my car protected and sharp looking.

I wouldn`t think AIO would have a problem removing all the layers of Sonus/Klasse spray sealants in Feb./March when I plan to tear down and start from scratch.

imported_mburnickas
08-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I use ONR and/or JW AG or just AG.

So far if you like PB spray and wipe try CG speed shine or their pro detailer. Cheaper and much better.

racingbeat
08-18-2006, 04:35 PM
FK1 FX100 will allow you to seal and and you can top with Carnauba and add some more FX100 to seal the carnauba. Its the only sealant I know of that can have wax dressings under it or over it.

Many layering possibilities.

silkstone
08-18-2006, 06:28 PM
I use either FK #425, AW. or OCW, after every wash. I applied a coat of Pink wax after a wash recently, and could not even notice that it offered more protection. I`m trying out FX-100 right now. Using spray waxes and sealants will keep your base coat going forever.....

imported_memnuts
08-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Z8 after every wash. Instant "just detailed" POP and protection augmentation.

FreeBIZZ
08-19-2006, 09:21 AM
FK1 FX100 will allow you to seal and and you can top with Carnauba and add some more FX100 to seal the carnauba. Its the only sealant I know of that can have wax dressings under it or over it.

Many layering possibilities.

I`m using AQUAWAX over Natty`s over EX. I use the AW about every other wash, and alternate the other wash with PB S&G. Looks outstanding.

I believe the AW can be used over and under a sealant.

gmblack3
08-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Z8 after every wash. Instant "just detailed" POP and protection augmentation.

I have used Z8 over a few sealants, of course its great over Z2/5pro and Z8 is also very nice over AJ.

imported_memnuts
08-19-2006, 09:47 AM
I have used Z8 over a few sealants, of course its great over Z2/5pro and Z8 is also very nice over AJ.

Sooo true Gmblack.

My experiences include Klasse, AJ, UPP, FMJ, Optimum SW, RD#49, 1Z, NXT and even P21S carnuaba.

BigAl3
08-19-2006, 11:39 AM
i`ve been using mothers fx spray wax after every wash and am pretty happy with the results :)

Accumulator
08-19-2006, 11:58 AM
I just reapply the UPP on the S8 after I wash it. With the others I`ll either refresh the LSP or use a fortified QD like FK425. It *does* seem like I seldom just wash `em and let it go at that these days...

And yeah, I plan to try AW once I work my way through some of the gallons of QDs I already have.

docker
08-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Yep, use a spray sealant after every wash. Rarely do I use a QD. Use the following:

Z8

HGAS

BF Spray Sealant

WG Spray Sealant

JW Trigger

dmxsoulja3
08-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah I usually hit my car with a megs even coat applicator and nxt spray wax, can do the whole car in a lil under 15 mins, always looks fresh and beads and never have to be like man I haven`t washed my car in two weeks is this gonna come off...so I think its a good practice and the more you do it, its just a fast addition to your wash regimine.