PDA

View Full Version : First time using clay, WOW!

gofastman
08-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Untill now I have been skeptical of using clay, I felt it was unnecessary because polishing would deep clean the surface, I was wrong! :eek: I started washing off a customers Blazer and noticed it felt like I was washing sand paper, I decided if there was ever a time to try clay this was it. I ran down to autozone and picked up a Clay Magic kit, as i was using it i was amazed how it cleaned the surface as well as how quick and easy it is to use . when I was done i ran my hand over the surface and it was compleatly smooth! Then i found something else while polishing, i cant put my finger on exactly how it improved It just worked better and looked better when i was done.

All in all im convinced, claying will now be added to my detailing prosses!

Joshua312
08-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Glad your first experience with claying was good! It really does make a dramatic difference, especially on white vehicles where brake dust is easily seen as those little orange speckles. Not only does it make the vehicle feel smoother, its nice to get those embeded contaminants out so they don`t continue to harm the vehicles finish! :)

imported_smprince1
08-18-2006, 12:23 PM
It really does make a dramatic difference, especially on white vehicles where brake dust is easily seen as those little orange speckles.

Agree ... ever noticed how much "whiter" a vehicle looks after claying, compared to how dingy white can look with all those tiny particle embedded.

velobard
08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
"First time using clay, WOW! "

That was definitley my impression the first time. I did it on a 16 y/o Olds that had never been garaged. Look at the difference.

Before, but after a thorough wash

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/velobard/IMG_1170.jpg

After

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/velobard/IMG_1177_resize.jpg

Yes, I`d also waxed it in the second pic, but honestly that was a very minor part of the transformation. It took me 2-3 hours to clay it the first time and it was time very well spent. There had been spot on the paint that looked vaguely like splattered mulberry juice and wouldn`t come off even if I literally scrubbed with an APC. The clay simply erased them and left it clean.