PDA

View Full Version : Towels for Spray Wax/Sealant Use

SR77
08-17-2006, 09:32 PM
What type of drying towel does everyone use when using a spray wax/sealant while drying your vehicle after a wash? Do you use the same WW drying towel that you use while drying normally or do you use something different when using a spray wax/sealant to dry the vehicle. Thought i read somewhere that a spray wax or sealant will ruin a WW, but I am not sure what else to use to dry the vehicle without marring when using these products. thanks for the help.

imported_paradigm
08-17-2006, 10:02 PM
i use a MF detailing cloth to apply/remove spray products. decent quality w/ a good price is the Vroom brand at Target (just picked up another 12 tonight for $7...the bright orange 80%/20% blend).

Juztang
08-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I use a PB mega-plush to dry and to buff off products.

Setec Astronomy
08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I think you guys are missing the OP`s question, he`s asking whether products like WAUD will ruin your WW`s (making them not absorb). I prefer to use a terry towel with products like that.

deadlock32
08-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Target`s Vroom brand makes a grey thin polishing towel (sold in 2 packs) i use for Klasse Grey. But you could also use a orange Vroom Premium Towel.

imported_Denzil
08-18-2006, 12:49 AM
I would use any decent-quality microfiber other than a WW.

EMazda3S
08-18-2006, 02:30 AM
I would use any decent-quality microfiber other than a WW.

+1. I`ve never ruined an MF with any spray product.

archerwin
08-18-2006, 02:34 AM
If you wash and dry the WW, will it not completely remove the WAUD? I`m planning to always use WAUD whenever I wash my car.

SR77
08-19-2006, 08:41 AM
thanks for the replys.

Yes I am wondering which towel to use when drying the vehicle using a spray product. No ones using a WW for this, is there a reason why? Do these products really ruin them? I have been lately applying these products as I dry my truck and wanted to know what towels others are using that do the same. Whats the different between using a regular MF and a WW for this purpose. I have been using the large blue MF towels that Wal-mart has, but I can take a look at the Vroom ones too. thanks again

Joshua312
08-19-2006, 08:48 AM
I think the only reason you dont see people using WW for these spray sealants is because we have dedicated towels for different purposes. Some feel that really plush towels will spread the product easier with less streaks. Personally I just tried the WW method last week when I was being lazy and I got streaking, but that could have been because my car wasn`t 100% dry either, but Aquawax advertises doing it over a wet vehicle anyhow? :nixweiss

If your looking for over the counter towels...I would try to find some of the Meguairs towels, they are very soft.

Setec Astronomy
08-19-2006, 09:03 AM
thanks for the replys.

Yes I am wondering which towel to use when drying the vehicle using a spray product. No ones using a WW for this, is there a reason why? Do these products really ruin them?

I don`t think they get ruined, just the absorbency gets compromised and you have to do some heavy duty cleaning to get the "wax" out. I guess some members have said they were unable to do so.