PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl/Rubber Scuffs?

SR77
08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
We have a 2006 CR-V and the bottom half of the dash is like a hard Vinyl/rubber material and it has scuff marks all over it. Does anyone have a tips or ways to remove these. I have tried a magic eraser but that didn`t do too much and dressing doesn`t seem to help either. Is there something that can be done to remove these scuffs? Makes the car look alot older then it really is and I can`t stand looking at them. Thanks for the help

imported_paradigm
08-17-2006, 09:30 PM
scuffs as in white marks...or actual physical damage (scratches, etc)?

303 may conceal a lot of the white marks and discoloration.

SR77
08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
I don`t think they are actual scratchs that can be felt with a fingernail, looks more like a scuff to me but the same color(Dark Grey) as the dash, not white ones.

SpoiledMan
08-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Give Mr Clean Magic Eraser a shot.

imported_paradigm
08-17-2006, 09:59 PM
give 303 a try...if you don`t have a bottle already, it`s a great investment for all of the rubber seals, plastic, etc on the vehicle anyway. use a soft MF towel to apply it so you do not create further scuffing. spray 303 onto the towel (don`t spray directly onto the dash or interior area since you will get overspray on the windshield, gauge cluster clear plastic, etc...) and then lightly wipe.

SR77
08-19-2006, 08:34 AM
thanks for the relys. I will give the magic eraser a try again, but it didn`t seem to do to much the first time. Is it more effective wet or dry?

Will any vinyl cleaner work instead of 303. Can these be used with the magic eraser also.

Brian_Brice
08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
definitely use apc or vinyl cleaner in combo with eraser, in a dirty car youll go through three erasers but very effective.

abbeysdad
08-19-2006, 03:08 PM
I have a neutral (tan) interior and had some black shoe scuff marks on plastic. Full strength Simple Green with some elbow grease took care of them.

I would think the Magic Eraser would work for you.

Uhm...assuming you can answer, how does the bottm half of the dash get scuff marks? (Enquiring minds want to know).

SR77
08-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I think most of them are because my wife "was" putting her purse between the center of the dash and the cup holder(CR-V) and thats what caused them! The material it is made out of though seems to mark up very easily!

abbeysdad
08-19-2006, 06:11 PM
whew!

(overactive imagination)

LOL