PDA

View Full Version : Removing concrete from paint

emaxxman
08-16-2006, 10:23 PM
A friend of mine has some very small bits of (what appears to be) concrete splatter on the underside of her car (area right by the back of rear wheel well.) I am able to pick some of it off with my fingernail. However, it doesn`t actually get all of it off.

Is there anything you can use to remove it? It`s waaaay too big for clay; it would just scratch up the paint if the clay were to pull it off. How about a bug and tar solvent? Would that do it?

imported_themightytimmah
08-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Go to any concrete plant near your house, they`ll have a solvent on hand that will take it right off and they will probably sell it to you pretty cheaply, its not pricey stuff.

imported_mirrorfinishman
08-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Try soaking the splatter with some white vinegar. Allow a few minutes dwell time. That should help to disolve the concrete.

imported_smprince1
08-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Might want to give this product a try:

http://www.topoftheline.com/cement-concrete-remover-auto.html

I`ve never used it, but it is specifically for cement/concrete removal.

Good luck and please let us know what works for you.

Pb2theMax
08-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Maybe try a pressure washer, but take it easy on the pressure and hit the concrete at a sharp angle, not directly at the paint.

emaxxman
08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Go to any concrete plant near your house, they`ll have a solvent on hand that will take it right off and they will probably sell it to you pretty cheaply, its not pricey stuff.

Is this solvent paint safe?

imported_smprince1
08-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Might want to give this product a try:

http://www.topoftheline.com/cement-concrete-remover-auto.html

I`ve never used it, but it is specifically for cement/concrete removal.

Good luck and please let us know what works for you.

From web site:

Specifications:

Biodegradable

Non-hazardous

Non-fuming

Safe for paint, chrome, aluminum, glass, rubber, plastic, brass & stainless

Dissolves cured cement, concrete, mortar, grout, stucco

Cleans aluminum

32 oz. comes with a foaming spray nozzle

emaxxman
08-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Ooops! I was actually referring to the one I can get from the local concrete store.

Although, that TOL looks pretty good. My friend will try the vinegar first. I`ll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks again.