PDA

View Full Version : I need a Shopping List

G- Twenty
08-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey I just got a 2002 Infiniti G20 this past week and the guy I bought it from was huge into detailing. As I could see from the pictures he should me and later when I saw it in person. It was one of the major reasons I jumped at the option to buy the car, it looked crazy clean.

The last car I owned was the definition of a Junker, more rust then paint so I never bothered to clean it. But he got me into detailing and I want to keep my new ride looking good.

I’ve done a lot of reading on here but im still the biggest newbie around. I’m gona go to Wal-Mart and AutoZone, but I have no idea what to buy. Keep in mind I wont be able to order any stuff online so I need products I can get in person.

Which of these should I look for to buy?

Washing products soaps and such

Drying products towels

Clay bar

Wax and sealants?

imported_paradigm
08-16-2006, 12:26 PM
if you are just looking for a cost effective, high quality OTC solution for protection/appearance...try to find Duragloss products (CarQuest stores usually carry it). check www.duragloss.com for retail stores.

you could do a Duragloss 601/105/951 combo that would be VERY inexpensive compared to many online "high end" solutions.

good luck!

sspeer
08-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Since it looks so good, I`d ask what he uses.

Plus since it`s in great shape, you can really minimize your purchases for now to the basics

If I had only WalMart to shop at, I`d pick up some Meguiar`s Gold Class or NXT Car Wash and NXT Tech Wax along with some Microfiber towels..and a bottle of Kitt Scratch-out (only 2 bucks) or Meg`s ScratchX for any small scratches

At an Autozone, you could pick up some Meguiar`s #26 Professional Wax or some #20 Sealant if you want to go that route

I`m pretty much sticking with Meguiar`s since I`m most familar with them and it`s pretty much universally available

G- Twenty
08-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks i`ve made a list and im gona go out and get some of the products you talked about.

ZaneO
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Are you wanting to get your supplies locally, or are you willing to order?

sspeer
08-16-2006, 02:03 PM
sounded like they just wanted to hit WalMart and Autozone..but if G Twenty is like the majority of us..this will be his gateway drug lol

ZaneO
08-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Missed that part...

Eurow sheepskin mitts, Meguiar`s NXT soap, Meguiar`s or Mother`s microfiber towels, Clay Magic clay (blue), Mother`s Reflections wax, etc.

wannafbody
08-16-2006, 02:48 PM
as for durability Duragloss in the only OTC product to use. 601/105/ AW , viking MF wash mitt, MF drying towells, MF buffing towels