PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy about New Season of -Overhaulin`-, anyone else?

Pages : [1] 2

stilez
08-16-2006, 07:46 AM
The past two weeks have been CRAPPY, at best.

The pranks are lame and Chip isn`t even designing. I watch the show for Chip and people who are maestros in their field. I don`t want to see some aspiring bimbo learn how to pick colors.

Anyone else think it`s off track?

TigerMike
08-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Probably tryin` to keep up with "Pimp My Ride." Guess more people prefer pimped rides, as opposed to one of a kind street rods. :rolleyes: Don`t you know, if it doesn`t have 24" wheels, 50" plasma screens in the trunk (that are useless for the most part), and 10,000 watts of sub power, then its just not cool mang!

Thomas Dekany
08-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi Sean - I only saw the very end of it last night. The black paint looked hologram & swirl free to my eyes. That is what I look forward to in the show besides of course Mr Foose`s "magic"

I guess either they forgot the saying: not to fix what isn`t broken or ratings are down & trying to spice up the show.

I did like the end result last night though. I was surprized that Chris did the designing. Didin`t see last week`s.

Thomas Dekany
08-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Probably tryin` to keep up with "Pimp My Ride." Guess more people prefer pimped rides, as opposed to one of a kind street rods. :rolleyes: Don`t you know, if it doesn`t have 24" wheels, 50" plasma screens in the trunk (that are useless for the most part), and 10,000 watts of sub power, then its just not cool mang!

I hardly ever catch PMR, but they seem to do a much better job on the cars since the new boss

I love warching Cribs too much. :D - the cars are my favorite part. :secret :o :doh

TigerMike
08-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah, Cribs is a different story. I always wait in anticipation of a few spicy Ferraris or a couple of hot Lambos or maybe a rare Aston, but instead, here lately, have been "surprised" with SUVs or the average Benz, or sometimes a Bentley. Sighs...

Anyway, sorry to go OT. Back to the original topic at hand...

Thomas Dekany
08-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Yeah, Cribs is a different story. I always wait in anticipation of a few spicy Ferraris or a couple of hot Lambos or maybe a rare Aston, but instead, here lately, have been "surprised" with SUVs or the average Benz, or sometimes a Bentley. Sighs...

Anyway, sorry to go OT. Back to the original topic at hand...

Last night this Spanish comic had a 2006 black on black E55 (?) I think and like 4 beautiful choppers.

stilez
08-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Thomas: The Dark Green (almost black) was from last week. Chris Jacobs designed it. Last night was a Mercury Comet designed by AJ. Call me crazy, but I want Foose designing my car if it`s on Overhaulin`.

The E55 and choppers belonged to Carlos Mencia :).

topnotchtouch
08-16-2006, 08:42 AM
I don`t know, regardless of who "designed" it I think the Comet came out spectacular! There was a lot of amazing metal work done to that car to replace all the rusted and rotten sheet metal.

twitch
08-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Foose is the man and seeing his ideas come to life was a big reason I watched the show.

During the summer I don`t watch much TV so I haven`t watched it lately. It looks as if I haven`t missed much though. Time will tell.

stilez
08-16-2006, 09:42 AM
I don`t know, regardless of who "designed" it I think the Comet came out spectacular! There was a lot of amazing metal work done to that car to replace all the rusted and rotten sheet metal.

Sure, but it lacked that Foose feel, IMO. The metal work was done by the pros, which I really like seeing.

Maybe it`s me, but I`ve found AJ annoying since Day 1. I like the chick who works with the car (dk her name) much more. I`d prefer a knowledgable person over a visually pleasing person any day.

SpoiledMan
08-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Maybe it`s me, but I`ve found AJ annoying since Day 1. I like the chick who works with the car (dk her name) much more. I`d prefer a knowledgable person over a visually pleasing person any day.

You should wrap your hands around that tiny little waist just once. You`ll change.:D

topnotchtouch
08-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Sure, but it lacked that Foose feel, IMO. The metal work was done by the pros, which I really like seeing.

Ohh I definitely agree that AJ can be annoying. I do believe though that the goal on this car was to build a good reliable daily driver. I would imagine that is exactly why Foose did the job swap thing again as all there really was to do on the car is pick colors since the body was pretty much left stock. Not much AJ could have screwed up :)

Way2SSlow
08-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Call me crazy, but I want Foose designing my car if it`s on Overhaulin`.

Agreed. I`d rather have Chip do the design work, but it`s not like I would complain one bit if my car was overhauled by one of his guys. They put a lot of $$ and a ton of effort to turn out such quality work. I enjoy watching the show whenever I happen to catch it on though...I dont really watch too much TV. If X showed up at my house to pimp my ride, I sure as hell wouldnt let him take my car.

Kind of OT:

Though I hate what they do to cars over at pimp my ride, I cant help but watch it if I happen to be channel surfing (again, I dont watch much tv). I cant stand rap music, but I think X seems like he might be a cool dude to drink a beer or two with.

imported_Picus
08-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I miss Courtney Hanson. :( She was a great host - I met her at a car show last year and she was very pleasant to talk to and she blew my mind with all her car knowledge. I always liked that she got involved in builds rather than AJ, who is sort of just eye candy.

I personally like the show (forgot the name, wrecks to riches maybe?) where they show the total amount of money and hours put in restoring the cars. Gives people a real idea of the amount of money (sometimes 50k+) and man hours (usually well over 1000) that goes into a resto like that.

Thomas Dekany
08-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Thomas: The Dark Green (almost black) was from last week. Chris Jacobs designed it. Last night was a Mercury Comet designed by AJ. Call me crazy, but I want Foose designing my car if it`s on Overhaulin`.

The E55 and choppers belonged to Carlos Mencia :).

I aggree I`d want Chip do my car as well. However I have to believe that the end product had to be good enough for Chip - editing is a wonderful tool... if you know what I mean.

That`s right, it was Mencia.